Public School Baseball in Chattanooga

Pounder1

How do you think the Canes rotation will filter out to?

Henshaw will be the #1, Smith the #2 and they will start most of the district starts. Henshaw is a strong kid and can go 6 or 7 innings, he has a good breaking pitch that makes his fastball look faster, he also does not get down when he makes a bad pitch or gives up a bomb. Gave up one last night, and came right back. Smith is a bowling ball his slider and curve are very good, and fastball will be his second pitch. I would say he has got 5 innings in him. the 3, 4, 5 starters will be done by committee most being Soph maybe with one Jr. the Woods kid also throws he is a freshman. IMO they just need starts and and need to know that they do not have to strike everyone out and that' its ok to let you D work. I would say they all are avg pitchers, that could get better with age, need to learn to forget the last batter and go after the next one. This is a young team only 4 Sr's on the whole team and 2 of them are everyday players the other 2 are Pitchers but do think Henshaw will play 3rd a lot when not pitching. The key point for this team is there are no returning starters in the infield, and all 3 outfilders are returning starters. I would guess to say with a 30 game schedule 17-13, and 12 district games 7-5 in the district.

Edited by chattacane

gl is so young and it showed last night--very BAD and it was the 2 freshman--even the gl parents where screaming we are only FRESHMAN after the fourth inning blowup--but that blowup started after 3 straight hits which would rattle any pitcher----ASK ANYBODY AT THE game lol---guys yes ringgold threw there number 1---gl threw there number 2---gl barely had 1 hit the entire game---they are going to have a long year guys--they are just too young--there 2 freshman studs made some bad errors fielding and hitting--never hit opposite field just popped up---it was because of the nerves of playing the older ringgold kids---if the stud broom pitched--yes probably be 1-1 game--but ringgolds number 2,3,4 are better and deeper then gl's pitching staff so if it went 3 games--it would be ringgold 2-1---guys ringgold has played the number 5 team in the whole country in MIlton Ga 6a--atlanta school ranked number 1 in state in 6a---ringgold then played kennesaw mtn 6a--then played alpharetta 6a---then played westmiister who was state semifinalist-- ARE YOU GUYS GETTING THE IDEA HERE--ringgold never plays weak teams at beginning of year--its always 6a georgia schools which mean 2500 or more students to pick from and always ranked teams---it was never a game last night--gl didnt even get anybody to third base till the last inning---i know the gl kids--they will be studs by seniors no doubt--just aint ready yet for bigger high schools with more depth--yes ringgold is 3-3--but the 3 losses were to 6a ranked atlanta schools and 2 of those loses came in extra innings---so to say ringgold pitching staff a little down--gues you have not got to watch ringgold play this year----ask milton,alpharetta,westminister---so far this year we the only team that has kept most of them to below 5 runs and now kept gl to 0-----if you dont believe me go to unapproved website and look it all up---

Those young players have played more baseball than some seniors, hard to believe they would make rookie mistakes. 

I don't know about the team, but, they have young, knowledgeable coaches.  Head coach is Colton Green (Carson Newman) and Asst. coach is Andy Duncan (Tenn. Weslyan).  Both young men have had their positions kind of thrust upon them, I look forward to good things in the future for Hixson.  They are back to having a JV team and have a bunch of young players.

Hey eveyone...new to this blog and just getting back to HS baseball after seeing my oldest daughter through her HS Soccer career.

Curious to get some thoughts from you regarding District 5 AA Grace - Copper Basin game last night...Copper won 3-2 in 8 innings in a vey close game that Grace led in 2-1 late.  Hats off to a gritty Copper team that just never quits.  Here's my question...Copper performance was highlighted by an heroic effort by their senior ace who threw THE ENTIRE 8 INNING GAME...approx 140 pitches!!

While a very impressive performance to secure an early district victory, is that too many pitches for a starter to be throwing this early in the season?