Region 6-AA Tournament

bluedevilpride2012

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creekwood was very impressive and gave CPA fit for 3 of 4 quarters, but CPA defense stepped it up in the 3rd and put the game away. Final score was somewhat deceiving as Creekwood had a 9-0 run on a foul, Technical foul and basket, and then hit a three on the next possession.

Creekwood can really play though and the sophomore twins are players, both inside and out.

CPA needed a test and they got one. Hopefully, this is a wakeup call that there are some good teams left to play.

Congrats to Creekwood on a very well played game.

Braxton Blackwell is impressive for CPA as is the Bonds kid. The bonds kid tomahawk was impressive!

Not being negative either way but if the Refs allow CPA to play physical like they did tonight it will be hard to beat them. And I'm not saying the refs changed the game because they didn't call any fouls on Creek Wood either until Creek Wood tried to foul.

Braxton Blackwell is impressive for CPA as is the Bonds kid. The bonds kid tomahawk was impressive!

Not being negative either way but if the Refs allow CPA to play physical like they did tonight it will be hard to beat them. And I'm not saying the refs changed the game because they didn't call any fouls on Creek Wood either until Creek Wood tried to foul.

I agree. What is scary is that Blackwell is not only a soph., but is getting better every game. He is much improved now over the first of the season. I think it took him a while to get used to being the "go to" guy after playing with Lindsay last year. College scouts are drooling.

The game was not well officiated, but you get that in HS a lot. Part of the HS game these days. Players get better but officials at this level really don't. As a CPA fan, I thought there were several fouls not called on both sides, but a few more favoring CPA. What was funny is that they even struggled calling the intentional fouls. There were also about 6 walks not called on both sides.

Creekwood was impressive in that they never backed down, played hard but fair, and shot lights out. I love the little #4, but he made a mistake taunting Bonds after making his first 3. Bonds made him pay later.