Last Top 100 middle school results- what's coming up...

durdon

Flying goat.. I didn't see this post when I made my other post.

I not sure where you get off telling me that my kid isn't healthy or that we are dodging competition. You don't know me or my son and you have not idea what you are talking about.

We have never dodged competition. Last weekend he weighed 66.4 and he wrestled 12u 69p and 73p at South Pauldine in Ga and Middle school 70 at the grind. And just an FYI I had planned on him wrestling 75p middle school for last top 100 so he could see some different kids but our club had so many kids at 75p, I decided to let him wrestle 70p.

Yes, my son is the smallest kid in his 6th grade class. He turned 12 on Thanksgiving day so while the vast majority of 6th grader in AAU get to wrestle as juniors, he has to wrestle as a middle schooler in TN. If he was in juniors with rest of the 6th graders nobody would notice how small he is. He started this season at 61 pounds and the lowest weight class in middle school is 71 pounds in TN so obviously we haven't done any cutting at all.

And just so you know, I really wasn't that worried about him because his older brother was even smaller than him in 6th grade; he weighed 55 pounds Christmas his 6th grade year. Today, his older brother is 6'3 and weighs 165 as a sophomore in high school. But, my son did grow over an inch from Dixie until about 3 weeks ago and hadn't gained an ounce so I was very concerned and I took him to endocrinologist and she put him on an appetite stimulant. Since then he hasn't stopped eating and he weighed in 68.6 last Friday night for the top 100. He literally gained 6 pounds in first week we got him on the meds. He has also grown almost another quarter inch in last 3 weeks. The last 2 months have been extremely difficult for him as his body his growing so fast he had a very difficult time adjusting but he keeps going to practice and tournaments pushing himself through it.

The last top 100 my son who probably the youngest kid in middle school division; weighed in at 68.6 and we wrestled him at 71 pounds and even with his recent weight gain he was still 2.4 pounds under weight.

How exactly are we dodging competition?

Flying goat.. I didn't see this post when I made my other post.

I not sure where you get off telling me that my kid isn't healthy or that we are dodging competition. You don't know me or my son and you have not idea what you are talking about.

We have never dodged competition. Last weekend he weighed 66.4 and he wrestled 12u 69p and 73p at South Pauldine in Ga and Middle school 70 at the grind. And just an FYI I had planned on him wrestling 75p middle school for last top 100 so he could see some different kids but our club had so many kids at 75p, I decided to let him wrestle 70p.

Yes, my son is the smallest kid in his 6th grade class. He turned 12 on Thanksgiving day so while the vast majority of 6th grader in AAU get to wrestle as juniors, he has to wrestle as a middle schooler in TN. If he was in juniors with rest of the 6th graders nobody would notice how small he is. He started this season at 61 pounds and the lowest weight class in middle school is 71 pounds in TN so obviously we haven't done any cutting at all.

And just so you know, I really wasn't that worried about him because his older brother was even smaller than him in 6th grade; he weighed 55 pounds Christmas his 6th grade year. Today, his older brother is 6'3 and weighs 165 as a sophomore in high school. But, my son did grow over an inch from Dixie until about 3 weeks ago and hadn't gained an ounce so I was very concerned and I took him to endocrinologist and she put him on an appetite stimulant. Since then he hasn't stopped eating and he weighed in 68.6 last Friday night for the top 100. He literally gained 6 pounds in first week we got him on the meds. He has also grown almost another quarter inch in last 3 weeks. The last 2 months have been extremely difficult for him as his body his growing so fast he had a very difficult time adjusting but he keeps going to practice and tournaments pushing himself through it.

The last top 100 my son who probably the youngest kid in middle school division; weighed in at 68.6 and we wrestled him at 71 pounds and even with his recent weight gain he was still 2.4 pounds under weight.

How exactly are we dodging competition?

Nobody said it was your son durdon, but if the shoe fits! 

It happens and I know it is part of the sport, but having a 5 foot 70 lbs. middle school kid is unhealthy. It will only hurt your kid in the long run when you are dodging competition by weight cutting. Better to grow into a weight class than to try and shrink into one at the youth level!

Look at what you wrote.. You said in a response specifically to me that you are only hurting YOUR kid. So yes, you specifically were referring to my son. And then you just took another swipe at him with the 'if the show fit' comment. The shoe doesn't fit and I resent your comments and I would appreciate it if you would attack my son anymore.

I was speaking in general terms. As far as attacking your son, if I was attacking anyone it would be the parent. I am sure a 12 or 13 year old is not deciding on his own to cut. I would hope that all MS wrestling parents would seek the best competition to challenge their child, in order to prepare them for the battlefield of High School Wrestling.

General terms????

Middle school wrestler

5 feet tall

70 pounds

You quoted and directed your post specifically to the father of a wrestler matching those exact descriptions, even stating in your reply "your son".

How is any of that general and not specific???? How can you now claim you didn't mean his son????

You made the offensive statement so now man up and put your name behind it and own it instead of being a coward and trying to lie and weasel your way out of it now. Man up Or shut up Mr Goat!

I have been away from the mat this year, and I have missed it tremendously, but I have been keeping a close eye on trackwrestling. The next 5 years should be interesting for the entire state. I would not be surprised if we don't start being noticed as a whole on the National Level as a legit wrestling state. Those of us who live and breath Tennessee Wrestling know that the talent is here and what is being cultivated in the youth programs is nothing short of amazing based off of what I saw 6 years ago when we started until now. I know some have criticized the D1 AAA D1 A-AA split, but I think in 5 years we will all agree that it was a good idea when our numbers increase. Congratulations and thanks go out to all the coaches and administrators who have worked their ####es off for so long to make wrestling better in this state!

• Upvote 1