District 9A

Guest 3rdParty

Huntland has really surprised some people this year. Must say I am impressed and will give credit where credit is due!

I hardly doubt Foster would be voted Player of year. He is a Sophmore and he performed better his first year than he has so far this year, not to mention he has a terrible attitude!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntland has really surprised some people this year. Must say I am impressed and will give credit where credit is due!

I hardly doubt Foster would be voted Player of year. He is a Sophmore and he performed better his first year than he has so far this year, not to mention he has a terrible attitude!

Foster has a bad attitude? There are a bunch in this district with worse attitudes than him.

Foster has a bad attitude? There are a bunch in this district with worse attitudes than him.

I wouldn't say that, I agree attitudes seem to be on the shabby side these days but Baseball is a sport and it requires sportsmanship as well as skill, talent or ability! How are you gonna vote someone for "Player of the Year" who has no sportsmanship. He is much too selfish to play as part of a team. Thats what I see when I watch him play!

Fact of the matter, these players should be growing each year, not just in size. He has failed to do that and if you have watched him over the years as I have, he is there for show only. He does not have the mental capability to perform as well as many people thinks he does. If you watch him, he is lost without his father there to guide him and thats rather he's pitching baseball, playing basketball and even in his football days. He constantly looks out to his father while he signs him what to do. Without his father he is basically useless and on top of that, how can one coach a kid when you have a parent calling the shots from the side. Works fine until the time comes when his dad can no longer carry him!

• 2 weeks later...

Whos who in the top A district in the state. I got it looking like this.

1. Forrest

2.Community

3.Fayetteville City

4. Eagleville

5.huntland

6.Moore county

7.MTCS

In terms of regular season finish this preseason list got 2 of the 7 spots correct.  Flip Fayetteville and Huntland; then take MTCS from the dead last spot and slide them to the 4 spot while sliding everyone else down.

In the District 9a tournament there are 3 teams left standing: Community is waiting in the winners bracket for the winner of Forrest vs. MTCS.

There have plenty of exciting games in the tournament thus far.  Community and Forrest last night wasn't determined until the final inning.  MTCS and Moore County went 10 innings before a winner was determined.  Moore County didn't play particularly well throughout the season but they played one whale of game last night.  Tremendous pitching and defensive effort.

The Forrest baseball program deserves a "tip of the cap".  They have done a first class job of running the tourney.  The field crew tidies up the bullpen after each use and the field of play has been nicely groomed.  Job well done!