Region 3 AAA

Tenntwin

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i agree. thought we should have pressed more. we didn't have the speed that cchs has got. bradley's guards is the weak link. hopefully cchs can get turnovers before bradley gets the ball in the paint because if they don't it will be a long night for cchs because cchs struggles with height and bradleys post towers above cchs and most teams.

Bradley Central beat White Co; Cumberland Co destroys McMinn Co. Should be a good Region 3 Championship game if Cumberland can make it a fast paced game. Bradley is big with the two D1 posts, but a tad slow. I think the Lady Jets can take it they can "wear down" Bradley with 40 mins of sprinting.

I was there last night with others as a McMinn County fan and we discussed the Bradley-Cumberland matchup riding home last night. I agree that Cumberland destroyed McMinn. The game was essentially over by halftime. However, I'll warn you Cumberland fans that beating McMinn that bad is no big feat. Two single A teams annihilated us just as bad. McMinn's man-to-man defense was like serving the game to Cumberland on a silver platter. I think Bradley twin-towers will score points on you - especially inside. Plus, I don't think Cumberland will be able to rebound as well as they did last night because Bradley boxes out and positions for rebounds much better than McMinn. On the other hand, Bradley probably hasn't seen a team as quick and fast-paced as Cumberland. Bradley is better coached than McMinn since they mix up their defenses and will play various zones, so Cumberland may have to do more scoring from near the arc or beyond it. If they can hit those shots as effective as they did last night, Cumberland could win.

If it becomes a track meet, Cumberland will win. If Bradley slows the game and is patient finding opportunities to get the ball inside, they'll win. I'd love to see the to see the strategies of each coach. I really won't be surprised who wins this one, but I feel sorry for the loser since they have to go on the road and play (probably) Blackman.

I was there last night with others as a McMinn County fan and we discussed the Bradley-Cumberland matchup riding home last night. I agree that Cumberland destroyed McMinn. The game was essentially over by halftime. However, I'll warn you Cumberland fans that beating McMinn that bad is no big feat. Two single A teams annihilated us just as bad. McMinn's man-to-man defense was like serving the game to Cumberland on a silver platter. I think Bradley twin-towers will score points on you - especially inside. Plus, I don't think Cumberland will be able to rebound as well as they did last night because Bradley boxes out and positions for rebounds much better than McMinn. On the other hand, Bradley probably hasn't seen a team as quick and fast-paced as Cumberland. Bradley is better coached than McMinn since they mix up their defenses and will play various zones, so Cumberland may have to do more scoring from near the arc or beyond it. If they can hit those shots as effective as they did last night, Cumberland could win.

If it becomes a track meet, Cumberland will win. If Bradley slows the game and is patient finding opportunities to get the ball inside, they'll win. I'd love to see the to see the strategies of each coach. I really won't be surprised who wins this one, but I feel sorry for the loser since they have to go on the road and play (probably) Blackman.

Feel sorry for the winner as well, who will have to draw Oakland (beat Riverdale twice)

Bradley Central beat White Co; Cumberland Co destroys McMinn Co. Should be a good Region 3 Championship game if Cumberland can make it a fast paced game. Bradley is big with the two D1 posts, but a tad slow. I think the Lady Jets can take it they can "wear down" Bradley with 40 mins of sprinting.

There is nothing slow about Bradley girls, they can run with any team the guards are way better than they were at the beginning of the season. Chelsie Summers is playing like her old self and hungry. She can handle the ball and get it inside and the posts are unstoppable. the posts can handle the ball as well. It will be a good game but Bradley Central will win this one.