15A and west TN 1A basketball

Galilee

Playing travel basketball during the summer is not like playing for a school team. Even then they are not committed to basketball full time. As good TCA is in football those players must do football workouts in the spring and summer. Our kids play nothing but basketball year round. Even on the court last night I saw a lot of football in TCA players. The running back #3 on the football team was like the Hulk down low. His post moves were mostly on strenth alone. That is what I am saying. Our post players work on their footwork year round. I am not saying TCA is not a good team, they are, the players just do not have the basketbal skill set that Mitchell and BTW has.

You are making your judgment on one game alone. I saw BTW play at the Poplar Bluff tournament and wasn't impressed at all. Obviously they had a bad game and are much better than their showing up there. TCA is better than we played last night. Also, if you take Franklin off of that team it's a completely different game. He is a great passer as well as a great scorer. We would have beat MAHS. If BT plays as well as last night they will beat Mitchell. I still think Mitchell will win but it would not surprise me if BT pulled it out.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MAHS played Mitchell to 22 pt loss last night. I don't think y'all would beat MAHS, unless it's a home game for Trinity. That's an advantage that Trinity definetly has had in the past few years. In reality, Adamsville must have played BTW better than Trinity. Wasn't there just an assumption based on score, point total. Riverside and Adamsville beat Trinity this year.

You are making your judgment on one game alone. I saw BTW play at the Poplar Bluff tournament and wasn't impressed at all. Obviously they had a bad game and are much better than their showing up there. TCA is better than we played last night. Also, if you take Franklin off of that team it's a completely different game. He is a great passer as well as a great scorer. We would have beat MAHS. If BT plays as well as last night they will beat Mitchell. I still think Mitchell will win but it would not surprise me if BT pulled it out.

ill just post again intense...and u can have them remove it...i state facts...u dont like it...go cry to the admin...hows that humble pie tasting

ill just post again intense...and u can have them remove it...i state facts...u dont like it...go cry to the admin...hows that humble pie tasting

Go back and play your flute in your HS band or was it tennis? Either way nobody cares! You distort the facts! I made the comment that I didn't think BT was that impressive and had judged them on one game. I admitted I was wrong. SS didn't play that well either. SS didn't put much pressure on them. I know SS real well. They are a great team and I hope they make it back to Boro. I know Coach Fuller and he does a great job with those boys. You are an arrogant, uneducated fool and you need to get lost. This board has no place for fools like you. Grow up and be an adult.

Intense, maybe you all had a bad game but a 28 point loss goes beyond a bad game. If Mitchell and BTW played TCA 10 each on away from TCA both would win all 10. I also think MHAS would win 7 out of then and KiIPP would go 5-5. The style of play these teams face nightly would allow them to come out on top. As I stated earlier TCA is not a bad team and even more they area real good team in their gym. Just take off the purple glasses and look at the facts. BTW players looked all world in that game and they beat the regular season and tournament champions back to back by wide margins. You said they had a gret game but they play at that pace often unless u have the quicknes on defense to slow them down. They only player I saw fromTCA that could play with BTW was the tall slender white kid who had some game. They others were either too slow or lack the basketball skills. I will admit TCA must have an awesome weight program because they looked like college kids body wise. Now I know why we could not tackle # 3 during the playoff game he is a beast. Also the QB and looked good and the young man who wore #1 in basketball looked good.

As I stated earlier their skill set was not equal to BTW. Examples:

In the first half your son  gave a nice pass to a player cutting to the basket. As # 35 from BTW closed on him he tried to scoop the shot under handed and it was blocked. Most post players when they are approached by a shot blocker will stop and power it up by jumping into the defensive players body creating a foul.. That is what I mean between being an athlete and a full time basketball player. 

Later on in the game I noticed that TCA shooters were rushing their shots because the defense closed fast. The problem was that when they were receiving the pass the right handed shooter was stepping to catch the ball with his right foot first then brought his left foot forward as he released the shot. That spilt second allowed the defnse to close faster. Those are the type of things basketball players work on daily year round.

Sometimes we have to be objective in our thinking. After the spankin we took in football I will admit that TCA program is on another level than ours. On the other hand our basketball program is on another level compared to TCA.

Edited by Galilee

Go back and play your flute in your HS band or was it tennis? Either way nobody cares! You distort the facts! I made the comment that I didn't think BT was that impressive and had judged them on one game. I admitted I was wrong. SS didn't play that well either. SS didn't put much pressure on them. I know SS real well. They are a great team and I hope they make it back to Boro. I know Coach Fuller and he does a great job with those boys. You are an arrogant, uneducated fool and you need to get lost. This board has no place for fools like you. Grow up and be an adult.

do u have them on speed dial at work or something???  is the flute thing suppose to be an insult??? is it a fact???  is the tennis thing an insult???  i am very arrogant...its easy when debating u...what facts did i distort...the fact that BTW could and DID actually play with jackson south side in bluff...the fact that jackson south side played mitchell and was winning virtually the whole game and lost it in the last minute or 2...the fact that both BTW and Mitchell are at an entirely different level of basketball than other programs from our area

was it the statement that TCA couldnt play with south side and everyone knows it...so why is it a surprise that BTW and Mitchell would win a matchup with TCA going away???

u say grow up and be an adult...but look at the things u write...corny insults...all boasts...no facts...i dont care...i hope they quit taking ur posts down so everyone can see how immature u really are...they dont bother me at all...it gives me great pleasure when ppl walk up to me and laugh about our convos on here...ppl literally call and send me txts about ur posts begging me to respond to u...im making u famous...so enjoy the ride

do u have them on speed dial at work or something??? is the flute thing suppose to be an insult??? is it a fact??? is the tennis thing an insult??? i am very arrogant...its easy when debating u...what facts did i distort...the fact that BTW could and DID actually play with jackson south side in bluff...the fact that jackson south side played mitchell and was winning virtually the whole game and lost it in the last minute or 2...the fact that both BTW and Mitchell are at an entirely different level of basketball than other programs from our area

was it the statement that TCA couldnt play with south side and everyone knows it...so why is it a surprise that BTW and Mitchell would win a matchup with TCA going away???

u say grow up and be an adult...but look at the things u write...corny insults...all boasts...no facts...i dont care...i hope they quit taking ur posts down so everyone can see how immature u really are...they dont bother me at all...it gives me great pleasure when ppl walk up to me and laugh about our convos on here...ppl literally call and send me txts about ur posts begging me to respond to u...im making u famous...so enjoy the ride

Good to know that you are so popular!! I didn't realize I was conversing with such a famous person! You are constantly attacking and have nothing positive to say. I'm sure I'll see you around some of the games or on the soccer field. I'm sure I'll recognize you because you will have the paparazzi following you! Maybe I can get your autograph if I'm lucky. I might be able to sell it on eBay for a pretty penny! Good luck to your team tonight!! Oh, are they still playing or are they getting ready for soccer and baseball like the rest of us?

How many points and assist did Franklin get in BTW/TCA game? Score was 62-34.

at half according to tca radio franklin had 6 points...1 fg and some fts...a couple assists but they didnt give a specific number

cant find the total anywhere...newspaper said btw had 3 players in double figures with tca leading scorer at 8...their lone senior

i have said...on multiple occasions...that tca has good teams and some nice programs...it just doesnt seem to satisfiy u...

ur softball program is one of the best in the state...if u laid it on thick for them id understand...they have a ton of gold to back up such statements

i would expect the lion baseball program to be very successful as well with a quality coach on board...that was a great hire

i have said...on multiple occasions...that tca has good teams and some nice programs...it just doesnt seem to satisfiy u...

ur softball program is one of the best in the state...if u laid it on thick for them id understand...they have a ton of gold to back up such statements

i would expect the lion baseball program to be very successful as well with a quality coach on board...that was a great hire

Yes Johnny was a great hire! It's going to take him a couple of years to get the program in shape. 15A is a really tough Baseball district with Riverside being the dominant team. Jackson Christian will be loaded this year as well. TCA will be middle of the pack this year. Softball will be very competitive but not quite the firepower of the Renfroe glory years! Basketball and Football have two more years to make it happen. Thereafter, it will be back to the middle of the pack due to talent. It's a big time cycle with talent in a small private school. You have to get the wins and championships while you can. See Friiendship Christian. A really down year for Liberty is 500 whereas a normal down year for TCA would be .250. It is what it is and you have to enjoy and brag during the short time frame that you have!! Fortunately we are in one of those short time frames. Doesn't mean we are going to win a state championship but it does mean we are competitive.

Thanks for the figures on Franklin. It does sound like if he wasn't in the game it actually wouldn't have been a completely different outcome for TCA. I could understand if he scored 20+ and had 10+ assists or something. Based on the Jackson Sun comments by Coach Northcutt Trinity did not shoot ball very well either. That may have been a big factor.