7A

TNbaseball2014

1. Pickett County

2. Clarkrange

3. Jackson County

4. Monterey

5. Clay County

Clarkrange will be a tough young team, but doesn't have the pitching to go deep into the week. But they have been working hard to get to we're they need to be. They may peak to the top. The Norris kid is a good all around player and so is the Parker boy that is a freshman! Give them a year and they will be at the top!

Jackson also needs pitching and can struggle at hitting. But they are a young team and have lots of growing

Monterey lost 6 seniors, one was basically their only pitcher that was much good. But they have a great coach in looper, who I played for in a state run. Never count him out. I don't know about their field situation or where they will play. I think they still have the walker boy who can crush a ball!

Clay county doesn't have much, but can always surprise you!

Pickett County has 5 or 6 seniors that are good to great players along with a few sophomores! Also a freshman that can play good defense and hit the ball good at points. They got a transfer pitcher/middle infielder that signed to Tusculm earlier this month from my understandings, throws mid to high 80's and has great off speed and movement. Also hits the ball with great power, but also contact! I have watched him play since he was young and have coached against him in travel ball for a few years now. He has instinct like no other kid! They are strong in all areas, so they will be tough to beat! If they come together as a team, they may never lose.

Best of luck to all!!

After doing some homework, have discovered CHS has 6 are 8 solid ball players.Couple outstanding ones,but so does Pickett as does Monterey and Jackson. So this might end up being a very exciting year. Im out on Clay does anyone know much about them. Please dont use names. These are high school boys that have enough pressure on them already. Thanks.

Since Upperman left the district Monterey, RBS, and Jackson Co are the only teams to have ever won this district... So will someone else join that group..... Hmm... Should be a good year in 7a baseball...

Jackson Co was awarded best class A baseball field in the state recently. Congrats to Coach King and all the people that made the field what it is. The program has a bright future.

Jackson Co was awarded best class A baseball field in the state recently. Congrats to Coach King and all the people that made the field what it is. The program has a bright future.

I've gotten the privilege to get to know Coach King and have the upmost respect for him and the program he's built over the years....

confucius say...like other poster said District 7A will have a tough time making it out of the region...GP and TC will be very good this year.

It will be based on defense cause all the pitching was lost last year. Pickett has the best pitching staff and a deep lineup hitting aswell. They can go 4 or 5 deep pitching which is amazing for 1A ball! Be surprised what you see from them and clarkrange!

Edited by Baseballislife99

Since Upperman left the district Monterey, RBS, and Jackson Co are the only teams to have ever won this district... So will someone else join that group..... Hmm... Should be a good year in 7a baseball...

Clarkrange won the district several years ago.  That's when RBS appealed the game and TSSAA took the title from Clarkrange and kept them from going to region.

Have any of you seen Clarkrange's baseball field. It has been completely overhauled. I am amazed. They have it looking like an old time minor league park. A 16 foot high blue wall in the outfield, a new scoreboard in left center that sits behind the new wall, new double warm up mounds and bullpens on both sides, new fencing with yellow cap down the sides, and the infield and outfield looks awesome. I think it's the niceat field I have seen in years. The change is really dramatic. The day I stopped by, the boys were practicing. They (the team) looked even better than the field. If they work every day like the way they did that day then we may have a new champion in district 7A. Less than a week until "IT'S BASEBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE' !

Clarkrange won the district several years ago. That's when RBS appealed the game and TSSAA took the title from Clarkrange and kept them from going to region.

It was in 2001 and they didn't win the district, Monterey won the district. In the losers bracket game Clarkrange beat RBS and RBS appealed and kept Clarkrange from going to the district championship, also the region tournament as well. Clarkrange had thrown Michael Green in I believe it was 14 innings in 2 straight days. I was an 8th grader on the team when all of this went down.