Class AAA Substate Matchups

GCPioneer

. NO way OHS should have out rebounded Bradley!!!!!

I thought the same thing. Before the game, I thought Copeland & Reuter would exploit them inside. Especially when I heard their only girl over 6 foot was a sophomore. Oakland did a great job of holding their ground & blocking out. When Bradley shot, there wasn't anyone even close to an offensive rebound most of the time. Has to be Bradley's lowest offensive rebound total all year. Good coaching, effort & execution by Oakland.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same thing. Before the game, I thought Copeland & Reuter would exploit them inside. Especially when I heard their only girl over 6 foot was a sophomore. Oakland did a great job of holding their ground & blocking out. When Bradley shot, there wasn't anyone even close to an offensive rebound most of the time. Has to be Bradley's lowest offensive rebound total all year. Good coaching, effort & execution by Oakland.

I agree. I thought Copeland would have a field day but Bradley only had one girl down low most of the time on offense but give Oakland credit somebody taught those girls how to box out. And the hustled to the ball on long rebounds. I'm shocked it was that close on the rebounding. Does anyone have the shooting stats? Who ?how many ? Not free throws. But from the floor. I'd like to see them play again. Same teams. Bet if they played 10 xs they would split.

Very nice win for Mt. Juliet!! What a big and powerful team, well disciplined, no nonsense. Not sure if they missed a free throw either. Franklin was very scrappy, and their threes kept the game close at times.

This makes 14 State appearances since 1977! I can't wait to see the draw, and would love a final against Blackman as a fan but everyone in M'Boro will be tough and deserving!

Go Lady Bears!

Hughes and Brown have a super future as Bearettes. I love watching them play, and they are the difference in the team. Emily Eubank from Oakland is also one heck of a player and also a good Christian girl. It's nice seeing two teams of classy girls out there playing. Girls who play rough but know they are girls. Can't wait to see Reuter suited up in Blue as a Lady Raider!!!

I don't know about the super part. They've both improved but next year that district is up for grabs. You don't replace two 6 ft 2 D 1 players especially with 3 schools in that county. Unless somebody moves in. Walker Valley has more coming back then them. McMinn will also be better. I look for Cumberland county to win the region the next 3 or. 4 years. Our district will be a lot closer the next few years. That's barring transfers and injuries. And that's how I like it. I want to see good games not blow outs. But we will struggle in the region. If you've seen the Cumberland county middle school feeder teams the last 3 years at south cumberland you have to be impressed. They are getting some really good coaching at that level.