Fastest man in state in last 5 years

Guest tomtom50

Posted by redbaron515:

itzme, Waller quit football to concentrate on track. He was an excellent running back for the Warriors with great open field speed. I think he has a better chance at track though. Great athlete overall. :x

Yeah, I read that the day after I posted. Hope he does well.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preston Brown---Maplewood in the mid 70 was fairly RAPID. He rushed for about 2000 yds his senior season. Won the old State 100 YARD dash with a time of 9.3..........world record at that time was 9.1. He also won the 220 (cannot remember the time). In college, his 40 times was always in the 4.3's. I agree with previous writer about these 4.2's in HS. LISTEN CAREFULLY..........4.5 in H.S. is smoking!!!!! :x

Then young Mark Byrd should step himself on the track team this spring and win the state 100 m dash and he will be the fastest football player in the State. This is silly.....if a Football player wins the 100 m dash at the tssaa meet in the spring with the very best time in all classifications THEN he is the fastest FB player. Therefore last year, it was Waller, before him Scales, and Currie from Hillsboro a few yrs back. VanSant from Franklin Co. several Memphis sprinters......The very fastest guys prove it in track and they are timed correctly. :x:o:D

Guest tomtom50

You saw what happened when tt's brother got in a footrace with pickett. Both touchdowns Pickett ran in the second half of that game in 1999, Dominique Harper had angles on him and he ran off and left him.

Guest Hotmoose

For anyone who cares Darius Barnes who is now at Hunters Lane is the fastest kid in the state, or at least he was his sophomore year at BA. I was running 40s with him and he ran a 4.31 as a freakin freshman. Beat that... anyone... please try and beat that. It wasnt with a running start either. He ran it once before that and everyone thought the watches were messed up because he ran a 4.37 so they made him run it again and he ran a 4.31. Just wish he was still at BA.