AAA State Tournament

SweetScience

Siegel has really good guard play and score most of their points off of transition baskets. This is a team that rely on their full court pressure from the tip. The PG (Jones) is a decent player and this Siegel team will go as he goes. The Clark kid is a decent shooter but he will get exposed against a Memphis team once they discover that he doesn't like to go right (strictly a lefty). I predict Siegel will lose by atleast 8 pts. Siegel played in a very weak district this year. Other than Blackman, there were not any other competetive teams in their District or Region. This team would have truly benefited from entering into some tourneys West of the Tennessee River to get a true measurement of how good they really are. The 6'5" point guard that Arlington has will be by far the best player that Siegel have faced all year. Arlington also has a whole cast of guys that can flat out shoot and play, along with a very saavy coach that won a gold ball with Bartlett HS in the early 2000's. I don't believe Siegel's press will be anything that Arlington has not seen playing in Memphis night in and night out.  At the end of the day, it's the state tourney and anything can happen, but I predict a W for Arlington.

Siegel has really good guard play and score most of their points off of transition baskets. This is a team that rely on their full court pressure from the tip. The PG (Jones) is a decent player and this Siegel team will go as he goes. The Clark kid is a decent shooter but he will get exposed against a Memphis team once they discover that he doesn't like to go right (strictly a lefty). I predict Siegel will lose by atleast 8 pts. Siegel played in a very weak district this year. Other than Blackman, there were not any other competetive teams in their District or Region. This team would have truly benefited from entering into some tourneys West of the Tennessee River to get a true measurement of how good they really are. The 6'5" point guard that Arlington has will be by far the best player that Siegel have faced all year. Arlington also has a whole cast of guys that can flat out shoot and play, along with a very saavy coach that won a gold ball with Bartlett HS in the early 2000's. I don't believe Siegel's press will be anything that Arlington has not seen playing in Memphis night in and night out. At the end of the day, it's the state tourney and anything can happen, but I predict a W for Arlington.

Ok, justmyop. Lol!

Blackman (25-6) vs Hamilton (22-6) -- Hamilton wins

Wilson Central (26-6) vs Brentwood (31-2) -- Brentwood wins

Oak Ridge (30-7) vs Jefferson County (30-5) -- Jeff Co wins close

Siegel (31-1) vs Arlington (28-4) -- Arlington wins

For those who like Jeff. Co. in this one, let me post some very interesting stats that my good friend pointed out to me,

Jeff. Co. hasn't had a game decided by 5 points or less in 3 months. (12-13-13)

Oak Ridge has been involved in games decide by 5 or less 4 games in the last MONTH. 

Oak Ridge had a tougher schedule, and did better with it.

This is Jeff. Counties first trip EVER to the Boro, Oak Ridge was there just last year.

I have the Wildcats in this one, close though.

ROLL CATS!!!!!!

Edited by shank

For those who like Jeff. Co. in this one, let me post some very interesting stats that my good friend pointed out to me,

Oak Ridge has been involved in games decide by 5 or less 4 games in the last MONTH. 

This is Jeff. Counties first trip EVER to the Boro, Oak Ridge was there just last year.

I have the Wildcats in this one, close though.

ROLL CATS!!!!!!

Sounds like Jeff County has been playing better basketball the last month.  Could it be because the schedule is not as strong in district 2-AAA? Possibly.

30-5 vs 30-7 is about the same, but OR actually had more losses.  Both were district champs and runner-ups in region play.  So still about the same.  It doesn't matter what happened last year or ever.  This is basketball, it's about putting the ball in the hoop more than your opponent today.

Does all this mean that Jeff County is gonna win? No. But could they? Yes. To me the two teams are identical this year.  They play two completely different styles of play, but they are both equally effective running their respective systems. Both have quality, quality coaches.  The key is can JC keep the pace of play down and rely on their big, physical players to compete for rebounds on both ends.  If the Pats can pound the offensive glass and get second chance points, then OR is at a disadvantage. On the other hand, OR is athletic and rebounds the ball really well too.  Make no mistake about their ability to shoot the ball either.  If they can rebound and get out in transition, then the Cats have the advantage.  I think it's close today with both teams showing times when they dictate the tempo to their favor.  My prediction is that JC will have a couple more than OR.

Sounds like Jeff County has been playing better basketball the last month.  Could it be because the schedule is not as strong in district 2-AAA? Possibly.

30-5 vs 30-7 is about the same, but OR actually had more losses.  Both were district champs and runner-ups in region play.  So still about the same.  It doesn't matter what happened last year or ever.  This is basketball, it's about putting the ball in the hoop more than your opponent today.

Does all this mean that Jeff County is gonna win? No. But could they? Yes. To me the two teams are identical this year.  They play two completely different styles of play, but they are both equally effective running their respective systems. Both have quality, quality coaches.  The key is can JC keep the pace of play down and rely on their big, physical players to compete for rebounds on both ends.  If the Pats can pound the offensive glass and get second chance points, then OR is at a disadvantage. On the other hand, OR is athletic and rebounds the ball really well too.  Make no mistake about their ability to shoot the ball either.  If they can rebound and get out in transition, then the Cats have the advantage.  I think it's close today with both teams showing times when they dictate the tempo to their favor.  My prediction is that JC will have a couple more than OR.

I'll still stay with my OR by double digits. They've scheduled and worked for this day since this day last year! I do think JC could win, but would be surprised, not shocked, just surprised. Go OR, and go 3AAA!!!!!!!

I'll still stay with my OR by double digits. They've scheduled and worked for this day since this day last year! I do think JC could win, but would be surprised, not shocked, just surprised. Go OR, and go 3AAA!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised either. Like I said, it just depends on which team can impose their style of play on the other better, and score the most baskets.