2014 5-AAA Football

GOOSESDAD

Our district did not have as good a showing at UTC this weekend as in past years. Cant wait till they put on pads and see what the lines do because from what I saw this weekend our district is definitely going to have to be able to run the ball to win. There will be no 3000 yd passers this year and may not even be any 2000 yd passers.

You guys can brag all you want on these QBs or any others for that matter. Maynor at Soddy will be the best QB in the district and Carter will be the best WR. No doubt

I am pretty sure they went 0 for this weekend. I dont see any games on their schedule they can win. Maybe Hixson? So I would say your statement is simply to get people fired up.

Our district did not have as good a showing at UTC this weekend as in past years. Cant wait till they put on pads and see what the lines do because from what I saw this weekend our district is definitely going to have to be able to run the ball to win. There will be no 3000 yd passers this year and may not even be any 2000 yd passers.

I agree 100%, a flop from last year I think the team that can run the football might win this thing. As for the 7 on 7 thing there is a team down in North Ga were it is very popular that wins everything and looks lights out, but never makes it to the playoffs, and when they do its one and out. So I don't put a lot of stock in it on how a team will do.

I wouldn't put too much into 7 on 7 perforamnces.   North Murray is the best 7 on 7 team in the area, maybe the south.   They went 4 - 6 last year.   Yes the district struggled in the rain on Saturday.   Good news is 7 on 7 is over and its about time to bring in the BIG boys and the pads.   There is a art form to winning 7 on 7.  Most teams don't care that much.   

I agree 100%, a flop from last year I think the team that can run the football might win this thing. As for the 7 on 7 thing there is a team down in North Ga were it is very popular that wins everything and looks lights out, but never makes it to the playoffs, and when they do its one and out. So I don't put a lot of stock in it on how a team will do.

I AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU ....WE HAVE SOME YOUNG AND UPCOMING QBS THAT WILL BE READY NEXT SEASON...MAY HAVE SOME BREAKOUT GAMES THIS SEASON.....BUT NOT LIKE THE STUDS FROM 2013...PUT THE PADS ON FIRST AND THEN WE WILL TALK...

Yeah, I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over our district not winning a rain-soaked 7 on 7 that was dominated by teams that play 7 on 7 almost constantly.  How's that working out for most of them? Not good...as was mentioned before.

Take out the ringers and you would have had Signal Mt., Baylor, Bradley, and Cleveland as your final 4...

Time to move on.