Class1A Next year

Ladyramshoop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same suspects in A in West TN: starts with Middleton. Joy and Faulkner are one of  the better duos in the entire region and they could will power the Lady Tigers to the Boro, also Rachelle Parks and Nia Rhyan s will be big factors as well.

Then i think Gibson County is the second best, but how will losing Cara Beth Holt and Sarah Beth Mullins affect them?? Bri Fields has to be the go-to player this year for the Lady Pioneers.

Dresden and Greenfield both should be not be overlooked. And West Carroll has Madison Heckert, who is really not getting the love from D1 coaches because West Tennessee isnt really a place that D1 coaches know about. But she is very talented and could lead West Carroll to a deep run in the postseason.

Other than that, not too much else, Union City has Raven Fair back, but lose everyone else. Humboldt is still 4-5 years away from even being competitive. Lake County is extremely young now and will need time to develop. Bruceton has Shominque Pearson, but no other players. Pretty much 5 solid A teams in West TN. Everyone else is in rebuilding mode.

The Lady Rams of Grace Christian return 4 starters and 2 key reserves. They have some very good young talent coming up from a middle school team that was the region Championship runners up. Their starters should be All Region jr Point Guard- All-Region so. shooting guard- All Region so. Post at 6'2- All District so. forward at 5'11- All District honorable Mention jr guard and great defender- Solid fr. guard off the bench and solid jr 5'10 Post off the bench. Add a good 8th grade class to these girls and they should be very solid. Grace has been in the sub-state game the last two years hopefully they get over the hump next year.

Same suspects in A in West TN: starts with Middleton. Joy and Faulkner are one of  the better duos in the entire region and they could will power the Lady Tigers to the Boro, also Rachelle Parks and Nia Rhyan s will be big factors as well.

Then i think Gibson County is the second best, but how will losing Cara Beth Holt and Sarah Beth Mullins affect them?? Bri Fields has to be the go-to player this year for the Lady Pioneers.

Dresden and Greenfield both should be not be overlooked. And West Carroll has Madison Heckert, who is really not getting the love from D1 coaches because West Tennessee isnt really a place that D1 coaches know about. But she is very talented and could lead West Carroll to a deep run in the postseason.

Other than that, not too much else, Union City has Raven Fair back, but lose everyone else. Humboldt is still 4-5 years away from even being competitive. Lake County is extremely young now and will need time to develop. Bruceton has Shominque Pearson, but no other players. Pretty much 5 solid A teams in West TN. Everyone else is in rebuilding mode.

No doubt Middleton will be by far the best team out of the West in SIngle A ball.  Id throw Dresden def in the mix as well as the return mostly everyone. Others I think that will be top teams in the West are West Carroll, Gibson Co, Trenton Peabody and Bradford. I know the last 2 teams have not been on the map for several years after great runs previously, but with the addition of 2 great coaches over the last 2 years and huge improvements in each season since they took over I believe they will be in the mix this year, especially after I've seen both teams play during the summer. Good mix of upperclassmen and underclassmen on both teams. Bradford might have the best player in the district as well in the Martin girl.  Wouldn't count out lake co either. Senior pg and Senior post and you throw in some decent freshmen and juniors as well. Should be interesting every night.  

In reply to both dmm and BABABA....

The top 3 in Single A West TN are Middleton, Gibson, and Dresden. Any 2 of those 3 can make it to Murfreesboro. Middleton IS NOT the clear cut favorite though. It was only a "summer scrimmage", but Gibson beat Middleton by like 6 earlier in the summer. Like I said, any of those 3 could represent the west in Murfreesboro.

West Carroll is going to be good and could give teams problems as they have athleticism and size. Madison Heckert is going through her first summer of AAU ball as we speak. Expect her recruiting to blow up big time this summer. She is definitely one of the best post players in West TN and I would even go as far as saying she is one of the top post players in Single A basketball statewide. West Carroll also has a very solid senior point guard in Emani Melton who does a very good job of making things happen out on the floor.

Greenfield will still be good and well coached.. they have the capability, as always, of beating teams in tournament time that you wouldn't expect them to beat. You can also say the same for Bradford. They're well coached and have talent that could upset a team or 2 next year. I think Coach Hart has done a GREAT job at Peabody as well. He has several young players, both at the high school and middle school, that should be very good contributors the high school program in a few years.

Union City is going to be down some this year (what team isn't after an undefeated season), but I still think they have one of the best players in Single A basketball in the state in Raven Fair. If she stays healthy and has a good season, I think Raven is capable of a Miss Basketball nomination. She looked VERY GOOD in team camps over the past few weeks.

Westview will be stacked in another year or two... They have 2 post in the 8th grade over six foot and some guards that can go...

Single A---I say GC and Greenfield will win on their side and I think Dresden, West Carroll or Huntingdon will take the other side of that bracket. We are very young, but we have some good players. Our PG can handle the ball---we have a great post player and a couple of wings/guards that can flat out shoot it. Our biggest Achilles is that we are young...if the underclassmen can grow up pretty fast, we'll be solid before tourney. Never can tell with the young girls, but we aren't depleted. We'll talk more after football season...lol

Good luck to all this year!

Yeah i really don't take much into summer games, teams use them to break in the new freshmen and players who didn't play much. But i do agree that Madison Heckert and the Martin kid from Bradford are two of the better players in the area, really sad they don't play for a high exposure AAU team in Memphis,they would be known nationally and not just to West TN folks

Yeah i really don't take much into summer games, teams use them to break in the new freshmen and players who didn't play much. But i do agree that Madison Heckert and the Martin kid from Bradford are two of the better players in the area, really sad they don't play for a high exposure AAU team in Memphis,they would be known nationally and not just to West TN folks

You might want to do some research into who Heckert plays AAU with....

Heckert is about to start her first summer of high level exposure ball with a team with kids from Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas. She will be known nationally after this summer. There are only 2 high-level teams in Memphis anyways, not that many options in Memphis.

In my opinion, the team to beat this year is Clarkrange. However, they were also the team to beat last year, and fell short. I'm not as updated on West Tn, but this should be a great year for competitive basketball for East Tn with the front runner Clarkrange, Jackson County, Pickett County, and Van Buren County.

Without a doubt, Clarkrange is stacked. With Shaver and Cooper returning, they have someone who can take the ball in to the basket in cooper and someone who can shoot the lights out, shaver. With the addition of Meadows, they have the inside presence that teams dream of.

Van Buren is a maturing team that is only going to get better. Honestly, I am continually distracted by Bouldin when I watch, and don't really notice any other players. She is the offensive powerhouse that can carry a team far.

Picket county has one of the best coaches in the region. Though he's not won any gold balls, he has worked a lot of magic with the team he has, year in and year out.

Jackson County is always the favorite for 7-a and I have to say that I keep up with them more than any other team. Yes, they lost coe, and yes she was arguably the best player behind Davidson, but they still posses some great talent. Flynn returns on the roster as the PG, and my guess is that she will show everyone why her presence could have one the Gold Ball last year. She was a key component on the 2013 championship team, and a member of the 2013 All-Region Team, and Upper Cumberland's all Freshman Team. Lindsey Phillips returns as a post presence for Jackson County and remains one of the most physical players around, Cameron Sherril is coming back as a guard that usually makes smart passes and can shoot like no other, and Hannah Ragland who, though she hasn't seen much playing time, did phenomenal in the rounds leading up to the championship last year. The real hope for Jackson County may reside in the returning starter Kassidy Allen. She is probably one of the most athletic girls that has ever came through Gainesboro, maybe even all of 7a. She didn't have a huge year last year, mainly because she had to sacrifice her PPG in order to be the point guard they needed. She started since her freshman year, won a state championship, a runner up, and has been names to countless superlative teams. In short, she isn't a rookie anymore and I expect amazing things from her this year. But, EVERYONE still has to beat Clarkrange. And if anyone can do this, my hats off to them!