East Tennessee Hoops

QSouth89

Redand black. QSouth has it right. 2004 team lost to Michael Oher from the movie The Blind Side and his Briarcrest teammates. He was MASSIVE as you imagine. I remember watching trying to figure out why we only had 4 players on the court and then realized when Oher was fronting our 6' 3" post, you couldn't see him!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2005 The Irish lost a heart breaker to Fr. Ryan (by 1 point) when their best player made his only basket of the game: the game winning shot. In 2006 the Irish first in D-I, KCHS loses in overtime to Goodpasture when Matt Parton fouls out.

Edited by QSouth89

After watching the Knox Vegas Heat tournament this weekend (I was at Catholic watching the 17 and Under play) all I can say is this: East Tennessee is way behind West Tennessee when it comes to basketball.  Those kids from Memphis are TALENTED.  However upper east Tennessee did do well.  The TN Vision (Catholic, Fulton and CAK kids) made it to the semi-finals of the 15 and under division losing by 9 to the nationally ranked Team Heat ouf of North Carolina.  Problem in this area no size. In the 14 and under EOTO of Knoxville made the semi-finals as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• RR, you might remember. Didn’t someone hide the kicking shoe that game? It seems I remember we had missed a kick the week before, and we needed all the points we could get. We thought we had a better chance going for two, so $?&@$ hid the shoe after the first miss that game. No one on our sideline looked for it very hard.
    • I will never forget the 1983 Heritage vs Maryville game. I remember driving home and listening to WGAP. Can't remember the announcers name. He asked Coach Story why he kept going for 2? Story told him " Why didn't you ask Renfro that last year"
    • TSSAA will let them all go to Mase.
    • Well nothing new, the Mustangs are really talented again this coming season!  They very well could go undefeated in regular season.  We shall see what happens in postseason.  I think the path to state title game is a little clearer than years past.  I think the Stangs are going to be really good and I think the traditional teams around in 2A are not going to be as strong.  It should be a fun season!