Warren County Spring Practice

rickgrimes

Yes.  I'm sure.  It doesn't belong in this thread but the old thread got shut down by coach t.  You said it sounded fishy then so I wanted to reply when it happened.  Sorry, for throwing a tangent in this thread.  I truly hope DC has a great season and wins the district this year.  Worried about that trip to Livingston though.

Hmm...so when did he quit the team? Where is he now? Where did you hear this information?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean u tell me it obvious the parents pay for everything. They don't have any bills they want play under the lights cuz they don't want to pay the bill the make plenty off gate and concessions. So u tell me wher is the money. Y want they show the books and if I'm correct husband and wife can't be on a non profit checking account but they r and if ther not y want they prove it. I cod go on for days bout them. They r useless and r killin youth football in WC

The financial statements were posted on the bulletin board at the concession stands the whole season this past year.  Referee fees eat most of the concession/gate fees.  The only day I counted the money, there was over $700 taken in and over $600 spent paying the refs.  The difference was $159, that day.  That doesn't count weekly fees to empty the porta johns, pay electric bill, buy gas/paint/supplies for mowing and maintaining the field,....etc.  Over half of the registration fees go to insurance.  There is just not much money left.

There is plenty of room for our youth league to improve in a lot of ways.  The current board members are far from perfect but I do not see anyone else showing up long before the season starts and doing the crappy jobs no one else will do.  No one else in Warren Co cares enough about youth football to do all the ground work required to start a "better" youth football league.  And even if someone did start another competing organization, who are they going to play?  Field 2 teams and play each other 3 times for a season with the same team winning every time?  Or go to Murfreesboro/Nashville and try to compete with established programs and get bashed?  

The only way to make youth football better in Warren Co is to get involved with the current Pioneer Youth Football League and work from the inside to make things better.  At least this is my opinion.  

Edited by coachngk

The financial statements were posted on the bulletin board at the concession stands the whole season this past year. Referee fees eat most of the concession/gate fees. The only day I counted the money, there was over $700 taken in and over $600 spent paying the refs. The difference was $159, that day. That doesn't count weekly fees to empty the porta johns, pay electric bill, buy gas/paint/supplies for mowing and maintaining the field,....etc. Over half of the registration fees go to insurance. There is just not much money left.

There is plenty of room for our youth league to improve in a lot of ways. The current board members are far from perfect but I do not see anyone else showing up long before the season starts and doing the crappy jobs no one else will do. No one else in Warren Co cares enough about youth football to do all the ground work required to start a "better" youth football league. And even if someone did start another competing organization, who are they going to play? Field 2 teams and play each other 3 times for a season with the same team winning every time? Or go to Murfreesboro/Nashville and try to compete with established programs and get bashed?

The only way to make youth football better in Warren Co is to get involved with the current Pioneer Youth Football League and work from the inside to make things better. At least this is my opinion.

#29. He will be a sophomore this next season. Plays RB/LB. Only got in in JV games last year. Might get a little playing time this year and maybe start the next year.

Oh alright then. I looked him up and noticed his size. Do you know what he runs in the 40? Could make a nice shifty scat back in the near future. Anyways lets move this convo to a move appropriate thread (8aa).

finished up the second week of practice with 65 practicing. Except for Monday they were able to practice 4 days. the starting tailback banged up his shoulder on Wednesday but was back at it on Thursday scrimmaging Pioneers have a make up scrimmage at page on Monday at 6 pm. The blue and red game will be played on Thursday or Friday of next week