Gallatin and head coaches

just1np

There are a lot of programs out there that have a lot of pride and produce a lot of great people. But something came to mind earlier and I just have to "brag" a little bit on my alma mater.

Gallatin is very fortunate to have the following men hold the title of "Head Coach" and Gallatin alumnus:

Robert Lassiter-current Gallatin coach

Jerry Joslin-current Cookeville coach

Jeff Porter- current White House coach

and I'm not positive but I think

Roger Perry- current Portland coach

Now, not only are all of these coaches leading their troops into the playoffs, but two of them are going in as Region Champion (Gallatin and Cookeville).

Like I said, there are a lot of great schools and programs out ther, but how many produce this much success?

I'd like to hear about some of the other schools successful alumni. It's always fun to see how former guys are doing.

Does anyone have anything comparible?

dbdcrazie.....Crazy is very fitting for your username. Let's recap, he establishes a winning tradition at Westmoreland, leaves and the program there has gone downhill since then. He arrives in Portland somewhere in the early 90's. Since then, they have seen 3 state championship appearances winning one. Compare that to Lassiter and Porter. He is also at a school, unlike White House and Gallatin, where the "athletes" are made, not born. There is only one or two people that I can think of that have worked with all of these coaches, and if you are who I think you are, you are par for course with your comments. Obvoiusly, none of these coaches, including Lassiter and Porter taught you anything about loyalty for you to get on this board and say something negative about any of the three.

Actually Westmoreland had a resurgence in 93, 94, and 95 with a combined record of 32-5. Two of those losses came from Portland. In 95 they had a good chance of winning the state, had they gotten past Meigs Co., the eventual state champion. There was a controversial call that game, don't really know the details. But I agree Coach Perry is a great coach. I played four years for him. In his practices he covers every minuet detail, stressing the mental aspect of the game as much as technique. He has got some great assistants as well.

Guest futurec

dbdcrazie-

I don't know who you are, but I do know that you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Frankly, I don't think people like you should be let on the message boards. Roger Perry is not only one of the best high school football coaches I have had the priveledge to work with, but also one of the most integrity-filled men that I know. He teaches his players not only about football, but also about what it means to have character and class. My recomendation to you is that you stay off the message boards until you can find something more intelligent to say.

Please read what this thread is about. It is about Gallatin and head coaches. This is the reason for my comment that Lassiter and Porter are the only two to talk about.

As for Roger Perry, he has done a fine job at Portland. He is a great representative of his Westmoreland background, along with Roger Holmes and Jackie Kelly, who each have done a respectable job with the programs with which they work.

Amen dbdcrazie.

Everybody, before you start to rip on someone make sure you understand what the message says. There is nothing against Perry here, but if the thread says Gallatin and head coaches, a Westmoreland grad doesnt fit the criteria.

Noone here is being negative, just accurate.

[Edited by bbv84 on 11-10-02 2:16A]

I wish I knew who a lot of people on this thread were..some, I would say thanks on behalf of the city of Portland for being so gracious in their comments...to dcdbcrazie or whatever, I would say you are a talking contradiction. You can't say you meant no disrespect to Coach Perry and have a line like (thank goodness for Gallatin)-which, if you have any intelligence whatsoever you can read b/tn the lines about what that meant. Also, justn1p has had too many dead-on posts for you to question his statistics. Although Coach Perry is indeed a Westmoreland alum, he was at Gallatin in 1979 as an assistant to the freshman team. It was a very short stint but nonetheless, he was there. I thought justn1p was being polite by including him, no matter the situation. I would really like to know who you are Mr. crazie, I could give you a whole new perspective on that word :x