Clarksville area football

cubs1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen plenty of times where a team will avoid a particular program bc of fear that they will get beaten badly. Matter of fact, Beech just did that to Oakland in the spring...........

I guess. I think there are some teams that would be competitive. Oakland maybe,I mean if Beech wouldn't play them. Definitely could've done better than a 1and 9.

I guess. I think there are some teams that would be competitive. Oakland maybe,I mean if Beech wouldn't play them. Definitely could've done better than a 1and 9.

The important thing is not the competition. The important thing is seeing who will compete. People miss the point of scrimmages, it is never the goal to win a scrimmage, it is the goal to get better each time out. Maybe the team that HC scrimmages runs a particular offense or defense that Coach Counce feels like they need more practice on. It's just hard to really know unless your on the coaching staff

That's a valid arguement but not sure if I buy it. I do keep an open mind however. My point is how does playing a team like that make you better or really test you?

Ok, say if there is a team in the area that runs the split back veer (same offense Knoxville West runs). Knox. West had a fair bit of success and if Counce wants some practice against it and the 1-9 team is the only team that runs it, that is just the way it is. So extra practice against a particular offense or defense can be just as beneficial as playing a skilled team. Coach Counce knows what his team needs in order to be successful.