6AAA Softball Cookeville Stone Sparta

softballtheonlygame

Have not heard that!

I just know there are a lot of games still not played in regular season that can control second through sixth place and those have to be played.  I would not take a coin flip to determine the winner just because some team doesn't want to play or hasn't even tried to make up rain outs. 

Those home teams should have to receive forfeits for not trying to make up games.  

According to coach, here are standing right now:

Cookeville  10-0

Stone 4-4

Warren Co.  3-3

White Co 3-5

Rhea Co. 1-4

Cumberland Co 1-6

I mean what has Rhea Co. been doing? To have only played 5 district games.  That should be on them.  Make them forfeit for not getting it done!

Stone has played eight, White Co. has played eight, looks like Warren Co, Rhea Co are way behind.  Now if I am wrong please let me know, but how could these two only play five or six district games.   Looks like to me they just didn't want to.......

Actually I don't know the outcome but, Rhea has already played Warren.The problem with this is  "most" teams don't report every game to Coach T. I know there are a couple of games still hanging out there. At any rate we will have plenty of time to get the tournament in before regional play begins. Good luck to all the teams playing and may they all play to their full potential.

oh' and yes Cookeville did request not to play on Saturday because of prom.

Rusty

I agree Cookeville is the best team in this district this year. That's not because Cookeville is that good, it's because everyone else is that bad. Cookeville is carried by one player, their catcher is an MTSU signee and may be the best in the state not to mention one of the top offensive players in the state, their team goes as she goes. Cookeville's pitching is not much better, if at all, than anyone else in the district. One girl throws a lot of junk (their best pitcher) and the other girl throws a little faster but has no movement, no change-up, and really just tries to hit spots with her flat fastball. Both girls get a lot of hitters to swing at bad pitches. If you can score more runs as a team than their catcher hits over the fence and the runs she bats in then you can beat them. Just say'n and looking forward to seeing y'all in Xville.

So who won second game Friday night between rhea and cumberland. I missed what I heard was a tight game back and forth between Sparta and WC. To bad I missed that ther was a special moment in it I wod have loved to seen

Edited by ryan665

Rhea beat CCHS 14-2 in an ugly and embarrassing loss for the home team. Rhea came to play and CCHS came to watch, The Warren-White game was one of the best games I've watched this year, at least from innings 5-10. I just call'em like I see'em.

Edited by CCHSJETALUM

Rhea beat CCHS 14-2 in an ugly and embarrassing loss for the home team. Rhea came to play and CCHS came to watch, The Warren-White game was one of the best games I've watched this year, at least from innings 5-10. I just call'em like I see'em.

. I missed it wished I cod have been ther the bottom of the 9th was a special moment for my kid but I was supporting her brother at his game Edited by ryan665

. I missed it wished I cod have been ther the bottom of the 9th was a special moment for my kid but I was supporting her brother at his game

I assume that special moment you're referring to in the bottom of the 9th was that line shot over the center field fence that tied the game yet again and sent it to the 10th inning. Like I said earlier, one of the best games I've seen all year, not to mention one of the longest (3 hours). I was also impressed with White County's pitcher (I think someone said could only go 3-4 innings), she pitched well for 10 innings and worked herself out of several situations. Good luck during the rest of the tournament! I hope the games tonight are competitive. I'm personally looking forward to seeing if White County pitches to Cookeville's catcher or justs walks her intentionally when she comes up to bat.

Sparta-Warren Co was an awesome game!!! Probably the best I have seen, especially the last few innings. Both teams were focused and playing good ball!

Hey ryan665, what did your girl do? Is she the one who hit the two run homer?

. Yes that's the second one she had hit up ther the first one was against cchs over left center and then Friday night they say it was over center field they say she got every bit of it. I am so proud of her

Sparta-Warren Co was an awesome game!!! Probably the best I have seen, especially the last few innings. Both teams were focused and playing good ball!

Hey ryan665, what did your girl do? Is she the one who hit the two run homer?

. Yes that's the second one she has hit up ther the first one was against cchs over left center and then Friday night they say it was over center field they say she got every bit of it. I am so proud of her Edited by ryan665

Congratulations ryan665!  It was a shot!!!  And could not have come at a better time!

And, the Sparta pitcher has not pitched well for a complete game all season, slows down an awful lot, but, I have to admit she stepped up for the game!  I am proud of all the girls, especially when the pressure comes and they do what they need to do!

Sparta is a much better team with these new coaches.  Looks like they know the game, which is a complete change from the one they had last year.  

I don't think I would pitch to the catcher from Cookeville, not out of fear, but out of respect - she is a beast at the plate!

Hey, hope tonight is a good night of softball, after all, softball is the only game!