Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sd you're right about 91s defeatist attitude. I hardly ever agree with anything PA says but he's right when he says 91 bows down to Maryville. He's the biggest spokesperson their program has. I hope their staff and team doesn't have his mentality or they will never win another game against them ever. Quite frankly and I hate to say but 91 comes over to me as being Murvils little whipping boy.

Huh?

So now my attitude dictates the outcome of WB games? If that was the case WB would have been 9-1 this year because I honestly believe WB has a good shot to beat everyone on their schedule except maryville every year. Furthermore we will not beat maryville until we can consistently play at the level we are capable of playing at week in and week out and win those other games. If we were we wouldn't have won 3 games in a row and got some positive momentum going only to disappear in the last 4 games and blew a gimme game where we had a 2 TD lead. We are not going to beat maryville anytime soon playing like that, it's just a fact. I don't even like maryville and root against them alot of the time, So I don't know how you can say i'm their best spokesperson. It's obvious you are trolling me... The same guy who calls me crazy and talks down to me when I think WB has a chance to beat teams like Farragut is criticizing me for being realistic and admitting we can't beat maryville.

Edited by Governors91

Post made zero sense, 91.

It made perfect sense. You were implying that my attitude has some kind of effect on the outcome of WB games. I stated that if that was a fact WB would be 9-1 most years because I truly believe they have a shot in every game but the maryville game. It should go without saying that we aren't going to beat maryville if we can't beat loudon,farragut, mo east etc. Those types of wins will come before we beat maryville. Am I right or wrong? Also when was the last time maryville lost to a team that wasn't undefeated?

It means he is accusing me of doing something that I'm not doing when he is doing it himself. He is projecting it onto me.

No, he respects the program and our record. He doesn't kiss up. He is able to sit down with us and have a meal and a civil discussion without feeling like he is dinning with the ENEMY. I guess thats where you can separate the men from the boys.

It made perfect sense. You were implying that my attitude has some kind of effect on the outcome of WB games. I stated that if that was a fact WB would be 9-1 most years because I truly believe they have a shot in every game but the maryville game. It should go without saying that we aren't going to beat maryville if we can't beat loudon,farragut, mo east etc. Those types of wins will come before we beat maryville. Am I right or wrong? Also when was the last time maryville lost to a team that wasn't undefeated?

It made no sense to what I was implying in how you act toward Maryville. Everybody knows how good they're but you take it to an all new level. The post you sent made no reference to why you're such an a** kisser toward them. Every time I turn around on here you're praising them which is fine but I won't . As an OR fan I have too much pride and our program and fanbase is way too proud to ever concede any kinda of victory to them. We may not be Maryville, but we sure as he&% aren't that team you pull for. Your kind of attitude is one of the main reasons why WB has been their bit$% for 30 some odd years. And I can be a friend of the fans without being a lapdog towards the program.

It made no sense to what I was implying in how you act toward Maryville. Everybody knows how good they're but you take it to an all new level. The post you sent made no reference to why you're such an a** kisser toward them. Every time I turn around on here you're praising them which is fine but I won't . As an OR fan I have too much pride and our program and fanbase is way too proud to ever concede any kinda of victory to them. We may not be Maryville, but we sure as he&% aren't that team you pull for. Your kind of attitude is one of the main reasons why WB has been their bit$% for 30 some odd years. And I can be a friend of the fans without being a lapdog towards the program.

SS,

What you don't understand is I was Passive not so long ago. I felt like we could beat them and made excuses when we didn't. I felt like WB played "Big Boy" football and our tough schedule "banged us up". I was just like passive and all the 7AAA guys. But after seeing the same thing year after year I came down to reality. It's funny that you are accusing me of having a loser mentality when I am nothing but positive about the Govs 99% of the time. I truly believe that we can play with and beat anybody else we play against if we come out and play at the level we are capable of playing at every week. Unfortunately we don't do that and haven't in quite some time. My attitude, or lack thereof, has zero impact on the WB football program. The only people that determine the outcomes of games/seasons are the coaches and players. Do they have the right attitude? Are they doing everything they can to give themselves the winning edge? That's all on them. I,gov91, have zero control over that stuff. I can cheer my heart out and be positive until i'm blue in the face and y'all have called me the "overlyoptimisticgovernors91" a million bajillion times while simultaneously telling me I have a loser mentality but it won't mean a dang thing if the coaches and players aren't doing their jobs.