Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS,

What you don't understand is I was Passive not so long ago. I felt like we could beat them and made excuses when we didn't. I felt like WB played "Big Boy" football and our tough schedule "banged us up". I was just like passive and all the 7AAA guys. But after seeing the same thing year after year I came down to reality. It's funny that you are accusing me of having a loser mentality when I am nothing but positive about the Govs 99% of the time. I truly believe that we can play with and beat anybody else we play against if we come out and play at the level we are capable of playing at every week. Unfortunately we don't do that and haven't in quite some time. My attitude, or lack thereof, has zero impact on the WB football program. The only people that determine the outcomes of games/seasons are the coaches and players. Do they have the right attitude? Are they doing everything they can to give themselves the winning edge? That's all on them. I,gov91, have zero control over that stuff. I can cheer my heart out and be positive until i'm blue in the face and y'all have called me the "overlyoptimisticgovernors91" a million bajillion times while simultaneously telling me I have a loser mentality but it won't mean a dang thing if the coaches and players aren't doing their jobs.

I do think you're a very optimistic fan for the most part, but when it comes to Maryville you are defeated long before the first snap ever takes place and that is not only a problem you have but a problem of the large majority of teams that play them. They're beat before the first snap ever occurs. As a team and staff you cannot expect to beat any team let alone Maryville with that type of attitude. Ehh were going to lose anyway so the he%$ with it. Can't be that way and ever expect to beat them let alone be competitive. As great as they have been and they have been GREAT their will come a day when it starts going downhill. That's just the cold hard facts of life.

I really think y'all have been misunderstanding me. When I talk about how good maryville is it's not because I like them... It's mostly because i'm sticking up for East Tn teams as a whole. Passive, the middle Tn guys, and the whitehaven fans are always saying that East Tn teams are cupcakes and Maryville has it easy. My point has always been that it's not that East Tn teams are bad it's just that maryville is that much better than anyone around. And it irks me when they all act as if the teams in East Tn suck.. The reality of the situation is East Tn teams just get knocked out of the playoffs before they even have a shot to play Oakland,Blackman etc. When other fans diss maryville they always insult their schedule, thus they insult everyone maryville plays. And in case you haven't noticed maryville plays WB. so they are insulting my team when they call maryville's schedule cupcakes. I am not sticking up for maryville as much as i'm sticking up for the teams maryville plays.

Edited by Governors91

And also.... Just for the record I have predicted that Maryville's next region loss will be to WB. I predicted that last year. It might be 10 years from now or even further in the future but I really think if anyone in their region is going to beat them it will be us. Having said that, I do not think we are capable of beating them right now and with good reason. Just wanted to clear that up for those who think i'm defeated before the first snap. LOL

And also.... Just for the record I have predicted that Maryville's next region loss will be to WB. I predicted that last year. It might be 10 years from now or even further in the future but I really think if anyone in their region is going to beat them it will be us. Having said that, I do not think we are capable of beating them right now and with good reason. Just wanted to clear that up for those who think i'm defeated before the first snap. LOL

So are you saying you aren't defeated? You just said as much in previous posts. "Everybody knows we will lose to Maryville, so just chalk that up as a loss" Maybe not those exact words but in other words.

So are you saying you aren't defeated? You just said as much in previous posts. "Everybody knows we will lose to Maryville, so just chalk that up as a loss" Maybe not those exact words but in other words.

Well.... Do you really think we are going to beat them when we average atleast 5 turnovers a game and our defense couldn't stop a paraplegic team? I don't think so... We would have a shot if we played up to the level we are capable of playing but we won't beat them playing the way we did this year. I will believe we can beat maryville when we can beat the rest of the teams on our schedule.

I really think y'all have been misunderstanding me. When I talk about how good maryville is it's not because I like them... It's mostly because i'm sticking up for East Tn teams as a whole. Passive, the middle Tn guys, and the whitehaven fans are always saying that East Tn teams are cupcakes and Maryville has it easy. My point has always been that it's not that East Tn teams are bad it's just that maryville is that much better than anyone around. And it irks me when they all act as if the teams in East Tn suck.. The reality of the situation is East Tn teams just get knocked out of the playoffs before they even have a shot to play Oakland,Blackman etc. When other fans diss maryville they always insult their schedule, thus they insult everyone maryville plays. And in case you haven't noticed maryville plays WB. so they are insulting my team when they call maryville's schedule cupcakes. I am not sticking up for maryville as much as i'm sticking up for the teams maryville plays.

I agree with what your saying , but if we want respect we have to earn it. We've had 4 chances the past 2 years to beat Maryville and get the respect. We didn't get it done and that's our fault

I agree with what your saying , but if we want respect we have to earn it. We've had 4 chances the past 2 years to beat Maryville and get the respect. We didn't get it done and that's our fault

I agree with you somewhat... But at the same time Oakland,Riverdale,Siegel, Smyrna, and Blackman haven't beaten maryville either. So why should we view them as better than the teams in East Tn when they couldn't get it done either? Why do we have to beat maryville to prove we aren't "cupcakes"? How come they can beat their chests and call themselves the SEC of Tn HS football when they don't have any 6A goldballs to show for it? Am I the only one who finds that annoying? Edited by Governors91

I agree with you somewhat... But at the same time Oakland,Riverdale,Siegel, Smyrna, and Blackman haven't beaten maryville either. So why should we view them as better than the teams in East Tn when they couldn't get it done either? Why do we have to beat maryville to prove we aren't "cupcakes"? How come they can beat their chests and call themselves the SEC of Tn HS football when they don't have any 6A goldballs to show for it? Am I the only one who finds that annoying?

Go beat em then no one can say you're a cupcake. Besides, the sec is overrated