Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

I guess it's just something that a WB fan could never understand? And who says we will never beat Maryville if we played them a prolonged period of time? Except for Alcoa, Whitehaven, and a few select others we gave them some of their more competitive games in the 4 years we played them.

The last time I checked WB has beaten Maryville 3 times (technically 4 but one of those was forfeited because we played an ineligible player), came painfully close to beating them again in '07, and scored more points on them than anyone else did during the 2011 season including the playoffs. So it's not as if we have never competed with them. The difference between Oak Ridge and WB is we have always played them because they are a county rivalry and now they are a district game so our hands are tied. Y'all don't have to play them.... Y'all could go all the way through the 5A playoffs and never play a team nearly as good as maryville. In fact, if y'all even had a team capable of winning it all a game with maryville would only serve the purpose of putting a blemish on your record. Instead of a 15-0 record you would be 14-1. So no... If I was an OR fan I would not want to play maryville because there wouldn't be a point in playing them. Kind of like how the maryville fans always say there isn't any point in playing an out of state power because they can win state titles without going to all that trouble and it's the same situation with y'all. OR can win a state title without playing maryville, so why do it?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why i'm even arguing this because it's easy to talk big when y'all don't have to play them. The truth is your coaching staff probably has no desire to play maryville in a real game and probably wouldn't even if they had the chance to. So keep talking smack about WB when we are the ones playing Maryville and Alcoa next year.

Who's talking big? Not I. You're the one getting all huffy puffy about it. I could really care less about what you think believe it or not 91. Congrats on playing Maryville every year. I'm sure your staff would be chomping at the bit to play them if they didn't basically have to. You're quite the character.

Edited by SweetScience

What's it feel like not having Maryville on the schedule next year?

Barney, it kinda sucks.I really enjoyed Maryville. Getting to play the best team in the state let's u know where your team stands and should be great motivation in the offseason. And the Maryville faithful is starting to grow on me. But we do have a very tough non district schedule that will let us know where we stand in 5a and have us prepared come playoff time. Hopefully since Maryville is close by we can get back on their schedule in a couple years

And I reckon I could ask myself the same question. Why am I arguing with the fan of a team who has won 8 games in 3 or so years? WB doesn't even have a winning record in their programs history. Actually, it isn't even close. So keep talking big about them mighty Governors.

Does it ever seem like 91 argues with himself in his own posts?

Barney, it kinda sucks.I really enjoyed Maryville. Getting to play the best team in the state let's u know where your team stands and should be great motivation in the offseason. And the Maryville faithful is starting to grow on me. But we do have a very tough non district schedule that will let us know where we stand in 5a and have us prepared come playoff time. Hopefully since Maryville is close by we can get back on their schedule in a couple years

I enjoyed it myself SDot. SC always brought a great crowd to 825. Great setting at SC too. Rebel Nation was loud crammed in that valley up there. Now we have to travel nearly outa state for  games. Makes no sense to me. Maybe this Super 32 wont last long. I don't see how people that work till 5 or 5:30 will make it to their kids games on friday night.

You started it 91 with your comment about OR wanting to lose, inferring that they don't stand a chance against Maryville. The OR/Marvl games were almost always really competitive games. Maryville never hung 60+ on the Wildcats D.

I asked a legitimate question and he started going off on my team and school. It's just a fact that you are signing up to lose when you sign up to play maryville. Ask the SC fans how playing maryville turned out for them. When WB was still playing SC all I heard from their fans was they were going to beat Maryville when they got a chance to play them and when I told them it wasn't going to happen they got hissy like SS just did. Who was right? I was.. lol but I'll be nice and won't say I told ya so.