Spring practice at Chatt central

tistheseason

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No pads this spring.  Hopefully they are getting some strength built up and figuring out what we got.  I drove by Ooltewah the other day.  Helmets and shoulder pads

Thanks Tis....We cancelled the scrimmage with the Cane look a likes from the Mountain on yesterday...All that beef grazing the wet field wasn't worth another re-sodding job..lol

i have been reading this for the last couple months and trying to stay out of it.  one reason, i am trying to give this coach and his staff an chance.  i did not agree with the hire and i am not sure i even like him. Stan and Tis,,,,i don't know where you guys are getting your info but I think you are both praying for failure so you can just say i told you so.  No one likes the situation we are in or were put in, but come on!!!

they have lifted 4 days a week in conjunction with other things.  no they have not ran any plays but have worked on defense fronts and coverage  and if your remember from last year we had no defense so good place to start right?  My son has lifted about 10 times the weights he did the last 3 years under Allen in just the last month. He comes home every day saying he is tired and sore from the workout. 

Yes they did 1000 jumping jacks one day and another they did 800 mtn climbers...why?? Because they have never been made to do anything the right way!!! because they are so undisciplined and don't know how to do anything right.  if you were not one of the "best 11" that Allen always talked about you were nothing more than a dang blocking dummy.

We may go 0-10 this season but my god give them a chance...you do no one any good continuously bashing the team and the program!  go pull for Powell !!!  i am sure they need a few fans after them 47-0 plastering they took the other night!!! 

Hey fish. You have not the first clue what you are talking about when you say I'm hoping they fail. And if your kid has not lifted weight like he is now then that's your fault. Yes my kid was a starter but I haven't heard of the special 11 you speak of. I guess your boy is a senior this year and I hope he is happy but don't put words in my mouth that I hope they fail. As far as this coach... I don't know #### about him. But I'm glad Ware didn't get hired. He lied. Bottom line. I don't know if your child is a line man or back or what. I don't know if he started or not. But you don't need a coach to get your kid to lift.

Tis, Fish, Stan, these kids have lifted on the average 4 times a week since this practice has started. Yes they are doing the exercises that were mentioned. The base defense is being installed. I agree Tis with what u said it isn't the coaches responsibility to get them to lift. They need to do this. However, the kids are lifting now. A coach can motivate them to lift.  This did not happen before. Guess what they are doing it after school and yes it is part of their practice. Will they have a scrimmage game ? No they will not. Why because the other coaching regime failed to forward helmets to  be sent in for reconditioning( re padded) they have to do every year before they can be issued and fitted and will not be back in time for spring practices. It takes 2-3 months to get helmets sent in and returned.   The coaches have been the with the kids since it started and most of these kids will tell you they have done more with this work out than they ever did previous three years. Also they are having to unteach some habits that were practiced  for three years. The attitude of the players desire to complete an assignment has increased and there is no loafing in the drills. Discipline is being taught which lacked at times last year. I do not know what season the holds but the attitude of the players will be better. Practice will be quick , organized and thorough. They will be in shape. They will also lift almost everyday of the summer. Some one will be there to see this is done. Opportunity for a young mans success will be given to each player this year. There is one coaching position to fill as soon as Cook gives his official notice. That postion is being tied up by him. I like him but he needs to go if not wanting to stay and word he does not. He did not want to stay after Allen left. I do not have a kid in it but do care about school and program. So far no major defections have resulted and most like the new coaches. Give them a chance. It can't hurt. We haven't won a home game in 2 years there. You will see an improvement. say anything u want to me but at least give these coaches a chance. They want to be there. By the way how is Coach Allen leading spring practice in Knoxville when school is still in session here. Has he resigned his teaching position or is he taking some kind of leave and is he getting paid for there and teaching here and not being in class? How is it done?

Edited by Pounder1

This is not about my kid or anyone else's kid.  It is about grown men getting on the internet spouting out false rumors trying to belittle a new coaching staff, saying all they are doing is jumping jacks.   

My kid has been lifting seriously for about the last year, on his own, at home.  Allen never required it and the new coach does! the have a regiment. yesterday was recovery day because Wednesdays are leg day and they wore them out! there has been rumor of a kid or two leaving. there are also some that did not want to play for Allen that are back.  

The Coach Ware situation sucked. he was a great coach on paper and what happen is past. what is done is done.  everyone is over it now looking forward! 

Pounder. I hope they win every game. I hope they truly kick some butt. I can't say anything negative about this coach cause I just don't know a thing about him. I don't know fish or his child either but he is wrong of he thinks I want them to fail. I guess he's got bad feelings toward Allen cause his kid maybe didn't play much or I just don't know. But I do hope they succeed.

Allen ticked me off when before the season  talk started that he wanted to leave. Til this day players will tell you Allen quit on them. By the way do u remember the banquet and Allen said he did not want anything to do with it anymore but he did show up and stayed for maybe more tha 20 minutes then left. He did not do that own his on . He was told he needed to show up. Tis you were upset. That is right. ,He said he did not want anything to do with it. That hurt the kids and program from the beginning of the year til the banquet. I still do not see how the team overcame his attitude. But they did. I wish him luck but he hurt this program. Tis these kids are learning discipline and how to come thru adversity. As a coach u have to instill discipline and it is done at this time of year and summer. That is what is happening now. Tis I really do believe Allen did hurt this program. They are having to unteach some things and make corrections now. Discipline being one of these and other habits they were allowed to get away with. It will take most of the summer.

Edited by Pounder1

Yea. Honestly it don't make sense to get guys hurt in the spring. Plus the Bermuda isn't fully in yet so it would really mess it up if its wet. Y'all got any younger ones stepping up on the line. Couple young guys I know I over there I was wondering about

We gotta replace half the o-line but that d line will be the best we've seen. The studs are young and got a yr under their belt.