If I could change one thing...

cocheese

If you could change one thing about high school baseball in Tennessee, what would it be?  Anything from pre-season to post-season, anything in the whole entire high school baseball universe. Try to keep it to just one thing, somebody may be listening that could change that one thing.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the teams that come out of the district tournament and combine them with their flip side district for that region plus their competing region they must play to get to state and do a blind draw  and play double elimination with two pools like they do at state then do a best of two out of three for the state berth. It would stop from from one bad game sending you home IMO

Ex.

Say in Class A in district 5 Silverdale and Boyd Buchanan come out of district tourney, district 6 has South Pitt and Marion Co., district 7 has Clarkrange and Clay County, while district 8 has Goodpasture and Watertown...those eight teams would go into a blind draw for two pools and lets say Pool A has Goodpasture, Marion Co. Silverdale, and Clarkrange while Pool B has Watertown, Clay County, South Pitt, Boyd Buchanan.....

You would start on Monday playing double elimination in both pools on Monday and finish by Friday

Edited by skydogg25

The Limbaugh-Powers post season plan has been voted on by TBCA and overwhelmingly approved. Headed to TSSAA.

Simple plan. That I have been trying to get implemented for over a decade. Top two teams from adjoining districts meet at one site, district champion of even district in even years and odd in odd years. #2 vs #1 and #2 vs #1 on Friday. Losers and winners on Saturday and winner vs loser. Team that goes 2-0 hosts 2 out of 3 substate next weekend. Team that goes 2-1 travels next weekend.

The Limbaugh-Powers post season plan has been voted on by TBCA and overwhelmingly approved. Headed to TSSAA.

Simple plan. That I have been trying to get implemented for over a decade. Top two teams from adjoining districts meet at one site, district champion of even district in even years and odd in odd years. #2 vs #1 and #2 vs #1 on Friday. Losers and winners on Saturday and winner vs loser. Team that goes 2-0 hosts 2 out of 3 substate next weekend. Team that goes 2-1 travels next weekend.

That works for me as well!!