• Greeneville
    • CAK
    • Murfreesboro Central Magnet
    • Signal Mountain
    • Hume-Fogg
    • CPA
    • Jackson North Side
    • Madison Magnet

no, we are a magnet school, but not private, TRUST ME take one look inside our school lol it looks like castle on outside and has aged as one on inside lol. we are known as top academically in state, (last time I checked). So the only way into the school is by having a b or higher average and getting in through the lottery. 

no, we are a magnet school, but not private, TRUST ME take one look inside our school lol it looks like castle on outside and has aged as one on inside lol. we are known as top academically in state, (last time I checked). So the only way into the school is by having a b or higher average and getting in through the lottery. 

How many lottery tickets does each coach git? B)

lipstickpig.jpg

Edited by MountainTroll

lol alcoa. and troll for our school at least, its only 1 per person trust me. we have had some of our best talents go to other public schools just because of the grades knocked them out. This school is not easy at all. 

Never said yer boys wuz dumb.  Most futballers is pretty smart.

Just easier to git em there if yer private, magnet, or OZ.  That's all.

I'll tell you one thing, Sissy Mountain can play with any team in the state,

and I expect to be in the 'Boro to watch the Eagles win the Championship game.

I ain't decided yet if I won't to let that @reaction feller ride with me.

batcountrycopy.jpg

Anyone who thinks that magnet schools have an advantage by being county wide have never been in one.  Kids DO NOT go to a magnet school to play sports. There are some good athletes but they are usually few and far between, especially in the smaller schools like Merrol Hyde who only have 50 in the graduating class.

Anyone who thinks that magnet schools have an advantage by being county wide have never been in one.  Kids DO NOT go to a magnet school to play sports. There are some good athletes but they are usually few and far between, especially in the smaller schools like Merrol Hyde who only have 50 in the graduating class.

Its not so much the fact that the school is recruiting or has extra special athletic talent, but that those school generally have access to USSF/TSSA approved travel squads. The technical training that these players receive on those squads gives them an extreme advantage when playing against county schools away from major cities. It truly is a David/ Goliath scenario, even if the Magnet school is smaller than the county school. Its all about resources. Many county schools don't have the tools compete strategically against the city schools. They stay competitive in some cases because of their raw athletic talent, but can't break through the district or region level because of a lack of training.

Its not so much the fact that the school is recruiting or has extra special athletic talent, but that those school generally have access to USSF/TSSA approved travel squads. The technical training that these players receive on those squads gives them an extreme advantage when playing against county schools away from major cities. It truly is a David/ Goliath scenario, even if the Magnet school is smaller than the county school. Its all about resources. Many county schools don't have the tools compete strategically against the city schools. They stay competitive in some cases because of their raw athletic talent, but can't break through the district or region level because of a lack of training.

That has nothing to do with it being a Magnet School, that has to do with location and in the same vane the magnet schools in those locations also have larger public and private schools that take the best club players.  Do you think that CPA and Father Ryan do not get players that could go to Hume Fogg or that Hendersonville, Station Camp and JPII don't take players away from Merrol Hyde.  Maybe the county schools should concentrate more on coaching up  the athletes that they do have.