Top 10 Teams NE Tennessee All Classifications

go370

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone is going to be shocked about Science Hill. People have built them up to something they aren't even close to being. Ask the coach if he thinks they are one up the top 15 in the SE part of the country. Maybe im wrong about them but they sure didn't show me to much this summer the times I saw them, and they sure as heck didn't show me what a top 15 team looks like. Thats my opinion and im sure others are tired of hearing about Science Hill and how good they are. Till its prooven on the court I dont see them participating in the state tourney this year.

PTP4life

I agree with you that SH is probably not a top 15 SE team this year. I'm sure Coach Poe would agree with you too. Poe has said he's flattered by that ranking but that man will straight up tell you his team is not a top 15 SE team. But don't for one second think SH is not good this year. Sure SH is younger this year and lacks some varsity experience and quickness, but this year's team is also bigger,stronger,runs the pressure D very well,and according to Poe "may possibly shoot the ball better than last year's team." SH lost a couple of big-time players, but there are plenty of those younger guys who are going to step their game up and finally get their turn to shine. And who cares what teams do or don't do during the summer? Often teams are missing players and are just trying to find their rhythm as a team again over the summer. Nobody expects a team to come out and be incredible over the summer. Plus, SH did pretty well at the camps they attended so I don't exactly know what your talking about. Nobody on here is trying to say SH is the best but give them some credit, that school produces very good basketball teams year in and out. I am sure Poe will have the boys at "The Hill" ready to go once the season starts.

My top 5(can't think of 10)in NE TN are:

1)Dobyns-Bennett

2)Science Hill

3)Elizabethton

4)Greeneville

5)Bearden

Fulton, A.E, Maryville and Bearden in northeast Tennessee? I don't think so.

To the person who could not think of ten teams, I think the question included all classes not just AAA. Heck there are eight H.S. just in Washington and Carter County without mentioning Sullivan, Hawkins, Greene and Unicoi. You know those counties that border Washington County. There is more in Northeast Tennessee than Johnson City. In fact Coach Mike Poe is not from J.C. but from, heaven forbid, Church Hill.

PTP

I agree Science Hill might not be the 15th best team in the south east buy they are far from bad. Science Hill always has a good, solid team. This year will be no different. I heard that they had a pretty good summer. their record was 23-5 or thereabouts. So i dont know which game you are referring too. But it doesnt matter. Nothing can be said to much till season starts. The Hill will be ready, you can bet on that.

surf4life

How can you rank teams you have not seen?

You still lived a sheltered life if all you saw play were AAA teams and had no idea about any other schools in the area but knew about Bearden, which is in west Knoxville. Again, how can you pertend to rank these teams?

If you have the right to talk about things you do not know about then don't get angry when people call you hand. I know something about the teams and I will not shut up!

I think there will be several teams from northeast Tennessee that will be good. As to ranking I will wait and see how the teams come together. Some of them have had players playing football.