7-AAA 2014

Also Oakland just recently got their indoor facilities. If Rutherford county is so committed then why did SC not have a practice field? If the coaches are so superior then why can't they beat GQ? In my honest opinion, give most above average coaches the talent in 7aaa and you would get similar results. Give GQ the talent and the only question would be how far would they have to travel to find a game.

The opening of Stewarts Creek was rushed, right there with you on the practice field. I never said the coaching was superior to the entire state, but it is to this area. Thomas McDaniel won a title with a Oakland team that had a below average offense. Phillip Shadowens won 2 titles at Smyrna with Riverdale juggernaut still intact under Aydellot. Wyant has made Siegel one of the better programs in the mid-state after winning. Aydellot inherited a tire fire at Hillsboro and made them a state power in the process. Aydellot was the only coach that inherited a ideal situation when they took over, the rest of them and their respective staffs busted their butts to get kids out onto the playing field, raising money, etc. For all of Rankin's great teams, he did not send that many to division I outside of the 1994 team.

The county is not going to foot the bill for something like an indoor facility, that is up to each program. Apparently the rest of them dont have a problem with not having one.

Are you serious. Tech companies had more of an impact than Nissan? You must not be from middle tn. Or you must be pretty young.

Im saying the growth spurt matches up with the time that Rutherford County (not just Smyrna and LaVergne) got big. Combined, all of these different companies coming together will continue to make RuCo an ideal place to live.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaches currently in Rutherford are not superior imo. The talent is. The coaching is good no doubt but there are just as good coaches without the talent in other areas.

How many of these superior coaches are Rankin disciples? And Rutherford started to grow once Nissan came. The tech companies and such might not be here if it weren't for Nissan.

The coaches currently in Rutherford are not superior imo. The talent is. The coaching is good no doubt but there are just as good coaches without the talent in other areas.

How many of these superior coaches are Rankin disciples? And Rutherford started to grow once Nissan came. The tech companies and such might not be here if it weren't for Nissan.

Oakland's 2008 team didnt have one senior play for a FBS or FCS school that season. We can debate this all the live long day, but you give me Wyant, Shadowens and McDaniel (plus their staffs), I would like my chances anywhere. Wyant and McDaniel are the only head coaches in this area with ties to Rankin, although I dont quite get what your implying by that. 

I'm implying my initial statement of thanking Rankin. Shadowens didn't start winning until he had talent. But you are right about one thing. We can go back and forth all day. Just curious, are you originally from middle tn ?

Shadowens had a pretty successful tenure at Smyrna regardless of talent. Yes, only when he had Sonny Gray and Rodriguez Wilks did he win a title. Born and raised in Murfreesboro, back when it just a little farm town of about 30,000 or so

Edited by MidTennFootball

All

1.) Shadowens- Has been a winner for just as long as any coach on this, save Martin. Even while he was at MTCS for only a season, got them to the playoffs. 

2.) McDaniel- Took over a Oakland program that need a complete renovation on & off the field. 

3.) Carson- Has made the quarters 3 straight years in a row at a program that had limited success prior to his arrival. Part of me is suprised he has not taken a gig with with better money or bigger budget.

4.) Martin- While I have limited knowledge of Coach Martin, you have to respect what he did in his tenure at Goodpasture. For about a 10 year span, they were a state power.

5.) Wyant- While the cupboard was not exactly bare when Wyant took over, he has done a good job establishing Siegel as a program to be reckoned with. Would probably be higher up on the list if the previous principal at Siegel supported football a little more.

6.) Aydellot- Prior to his tenure at Riverdale, he is probably a little higher on the list. Has done some questionable things while overseeing the Riverdale program, but has them primed to return back to a pretty tough program

7.) Williams- Pretty solid coach, although I never understood the point of loading up on non-district opponents when the district was plenty tough enough. 

8.) Stevens- Not as bad as his tenure at LaVergne would indicate, but IMO, is not the type of coach LaVergne needs in order to be successful

9. Shambaugh- Just got hired at MTCS, and know nothing of the man so that is why he is at the bottom

Edited by MidTennFootball