7-AAA 2014

Shadowens had a pretty successful tenure at Smyrna regardless of talent. Yes, only when he had Sonny Gray and Rodriguez Wilks did he win a title. Born and raised in Murfreesboro, back when it just a little farm town of about 30,000 or so

I would also add that Smyrna and Shadowens won their titles after Rankin left as well. Not a knock on Shadowens I just always found it strange they never beat Riverdale under Rankin. He definitely had the talent some years. Just my opinion.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit wrong button. So my question is this. You say 7aaa has superior coaching. If you switch Oakland and la vergnes coaches would you see drastically different results? Personally I don't think so. Oakland would still be 7-3 at the worst while la vergne would still be la vergne.

I think you would see LaVergne in the playoffs because the type of they really need is a guy like McDaniel who will go into the hallways and get the kids out there. LaVergne's biggest problem is numbers. When you think about it, McDaniel inherited a Oakland program that had the same problem's LaVergne has. 

I would also add that Smyrna and Shadowens won their titles after Rankin left as well. Not a knock on Shadowens I just always found it strange they never beat Riverdale under Rankin. He definitely had the talent some years. Just my opinion.

Agreed, but Rankin literally the best of what Murfreesboro had to offer. Would have been interesting to see if Sonny and Wilks could have still pulled off the upset with Rankin there

I agree but it would still be la vergne and few would flock to play there. Look at Hester. Pretty good coach but never did much. Now at ravenwood and did much much better.

Warhawks good point.

Will be interesting to see how the next reclassification shakes out. Wouldnt be suprised if LaVergne tries to manuever their way into another district, maybe 12-AAA

That would be difficult to convince tssaa. They still wouldn't be in the top half of metro though. Hillsboro, Overton, cane ridge, and maybe even mcgavock would be better. Antioch would be a toss up.

Nice talking with you and shooting the breeze. I got to get some work done.

Well if the hybrid 6A plan gets passed, I cant see LaVergne willingly wanting to stay 6A when they can petition to move down. Your right that it would be no guarantee in 12-AAA, but they would have a much better chance making the playoffs in a given year than they would in 7-AAA.

Hit wrong button. So my question is this. You say 7aaa has superior coaching. If you switch Oakland and la vergnes coaches would you see drastically different results? Personally I don't think so. Oakland would still be 7-3 at the worst while la vergne would still be la vergne.

Stevens would do the same thing to Oakland that he started doing to Oak Ridge, IMO

As long as Maryville resides in the same class and George Quarles is its coach, it is never going to be a slam dunk that this district brings home a state title

So it is coaching....gotcha :thumb:

The coaches currently in Rutherford are not superior imo. The talent is. The coaching is good no doubt but there are just as good coaches without the talent in other areas.

How many of these superior coaches are Rankin disciples? And Rutherford started to grow once Nissan came. The tech companies and such might not be here if it weren't for Nissan.

you are saying that the coaching is a workinprogress....gotcha :thumb:

PUT ALL THOSE COACHING LICENSES IN A BOX AND SEND THEM TO GQ'S COACHING ACADEMY TO BE UPDATED....

So it is coaching....gotcha :thumb:

you are saying that the coaching is a workinprogress....gotcha :thumb:

PUT ALL THOSE COACHING LICENSES IN A BOX AND SEND THEM TO GQ'S COACHING ACADEMY TO BE UPDATED....

There was and is a considerable difference between what Shadowens does and what other coaches do. But I can tell you first hand there is yet another level know as GQ! Until he leaves the Road to Cookville will either to Maryville or through Maryville! :popcorneater: