2014 Class 3A Coaches Poll

AllRegion

Alcoa won state championships in 1976,1977,1978 and 1989. That's with 3 classifications that included ALL private schools. Also take a look at the last ten years that Fulton won at the old 3A and the new 4A state championship classifications......AND played Alcoa. All except 2006 the black birds had an Loss to Alcoa! 3A might be leak but beating the 4A state champ makes up for it! Haha!

And lest we forget, Alcoa beat 2 private schools to win state back in the 3 classification era. 1978 we beat Goodpasture 27-0 and 1989 our first ever 15-0 team beat Brentwood Academy 39-22. And seems to me like the 2006 loss to the black birds came on a lucky play in the 4th quarter if I remember correctly.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And lest we forget, Alcoa beat 2 private schools to win state back in the 3 classification era. 1978 we beat Goodpasture 27-0 and 1989 our first ever 15-0 team beat Brentwood Academy 39-22. And seems to me like the 2006 loss to the black birds came on a lucky play in the 4th quarter if I remember correctly.

All you guys are hilarious ... when you beat somebody you always dominate and when somebody beats you its always a lucky play .... LOL ... funny also you never hear Rankin ever give the other team credit ..   guess it starts at the top with that kind of arrogance .and  lack of class.

All you guys are hilarious ... when you beat somebody you always dominate and when somebody beats you its always a lucky play .... LOL ... funny also you never hear Rankin ever give the other team credit .. guess it starts at the top with that kind of arrogance .and lack of class.

I already told you, Rankin tells you the truth without sugarcoating things. Nothing arrogant about it. But some people just can't handle the truth.

All you guys are hilarious ... when you beat somebody you always dominate and when somebody beats you its always a lucky play .... LOL ... funny also you never hear Rankin ever give the other team credit .. guess it starts at the top with that kind of arrogance .and lack of class.

It seems that Alcoa fan base gave CAK credit for their run recently without any excuses.

Most of Alcoa wins over Fulton have been by 20+ points. The 2006 win by the buzzards was 3 points.

I loved the 2005 Alcoa/Fulton game. Fulton coming off winning State 2003 and 2004. Alcoa traveled to Fulton. I'm sitting close to Mark Packer that's doing one of his first high game live broadcast. He is talking about Alcoa being a great team, but how Fulton is next level. He really talked up Fulton pregame. THEN the game started.....boom! The F5 touched down and the beatdown was on! I looked over a Packer and he was beyond confused. Hehe.

48-8 final and it was not that close.

The teams from 77-79 must have been really solid.  I think, I remember the 89 team.  Would it have had Shannon Mitchell, Billy Williams and that crew on it? If so that was the best Alcoa team I can remember but for some reason I was thinking that was in 91.  

My whole point was to prove credit for the 2 basketball titles.  It's so hard to win it in basketball not only with 3 classes but because Memphis is so good in basketball.  Winning those two are equal to about 10 football titles.  Alcoa has been such a great place in East Tennessee athletics.

I wish football would go back to 3 classifications or max of 4.  The playoffs last year with Fulton, Catholic and Alcoa would've been a lot of fun to watch.  

Yes, thank you! We sure did and so did Rankin, because we all knew they were the better team and they outplayed us those 2 years.

Agreed.  Alcoa fans on the T did give credit where credit was due when CAK won those games.  They also have given us credit for some of the games that we have lost to them, but stood in there and traded punches until the end.  Alcoa fans have fun on here, cross the line ever once in a while, but for the most part are educated about their football.  But you have to earn Rankin's, the team, and the fans respect.  All the pre-game shenanigans on here by Alcoa are just for entertainment.  Go out, play them hard to the end, win or lose, they will give you credit...at least enough credit to buy a sandwich at Bread of Heaven with, but not the buffet...its expensive. :mrgreen:

Agreed. Alcoa fans on the T did give credit where credit was due when CAK won those games. They also have given us credit for some of the games that we have lost to them, but stood in there and traded punches until the end. Alcoa fans have fun on here, cross the line ever once in a while, but for the most part are educated about their football. But you have to earn Rankin's, the team, and the fans respect. All the pre-game shenanigans on here by Alcoa are just for entertainment. Go out, play them hard to the end, win or lose, they will give you credit...at least enough credit to buy a sandwich at Bread of Heaven with, but not the buffet...its expensive. :mrgreen:

Correct! I wish more fans just played along like you and didn't take it too seriously (we'll mention no names). Unlike the rest of 3A, instead of whining about Alcoa being good "because they recruit," CAKe (couldn't resist) just got better. The Warriors play a BRUTAL schedule this year, but they should be fine.

My bold prediction for the Warriors: 10-3, losses to Alcoa and one other team on their schedule. Pope will be a good addition to WR. And they also have 2 good RBs according to what Rusty Bradley said today.

Correct! I wish more fans just played along like you and didn't take it too seriously (we'll mention no names). Unlike the rest of 3A, instead of whining about Alcoa being good "because they recruit," CAKe (couldn't resist) just got better. The Warriors play a BRUTAL schedule this year, but they should be fine.

My bold prediction for the Warriors: 10-3, losses to Alcoa and one other team on their schedule. Pope will be a good addition to WR. And they also have 2 good RBs according to what Rusty Bradley said today.

Jost is a solid RB, not quite on the level of Rathbone, but not far behind. Jost is a little quicker, catches the ball well, maybe needs to work on pass blocking some... But CAKe will improve as the season goes on, but can't afford to get anyone hurt.

Jost is a solid RB, not quite on the level of Rathbone, but not far behind. Jost is a little quicker, catches the ball well, maybe needs to work on pass blocking some... But CAKe will improve as the season goes on, but can't afford to get anyone hurt.

They'll definitely get better. They'll probably lose a game early on to either Catlick or Webb, but then they'll be fine. Can't wait to play CAKe this year.