District 4A 2014-2015

Cookevegas3

Sometimes those "skin of their teeth wins" need to happen. if you look at a larger picture and see Kentucky for instance. They should be killing everyone but in some games they are just scathing by. good teams have bad games. Going to be another close one Friday when they play coalfield, it May even be another "skin of their teeth win." those 1 point wins are still wins and you can't take that away from them.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The District Tournament is wide open........ Jellico, Oliver Springs, Coalfield, or Oakdale could win it.  Should make for a fun tournament for all parties involved...... Alot of people are saying that District 3 will sweep District 4 in the first round of the region...... I don't think so....... District 4 number 1 or 2 will have a good chance to win on their home floor....... Grace is the top dog in district 3 and I do not believe anyone in District 4 can beat them period...... All others Meigs, Harriman, Tellico can be beaten by a District 4 team.   We shall see....... throw it up and let the chips fall where they fall.

The District Tournament is wide open........ Jellico, Oliver Springs, Coalfield, or Oakdale could win it.  Should make for a fun tournament for all parties involved...... Alot of people are saying that District 3 will sweep District 4 in the first round of the region...... I don't think so....... District 4 number 1 or 2 will have a good chance to win on their home floor....... Grace is the top dog in district 3 and I do not believe anyone in District 4 can beat them period...... All others Meigs, Harriman, Tellico can be beaten by a District 4 team.   We shall see....... throw it up and let the chips fall where they fall.

I would not forget about Wartburg look at the past they have come into the tournament as the 4 or 5 seed many times and be there at the end

The semi finals will be extremely competitive where both games could go either way

could be, but CF has already lost to both Jellico and oakdale twice. Granted they gave away one to oakdale, it still counts as a loss. I have my doubts they can beat both back to back. Just too young to be consistent.... 3 or 4 freshman at times. It's possible, I guess.....but Oakdale and Jellico look like the teams set to get trounced by Grace and Meigs in the region to me. I don't see anyway any team from this district gets past those two.

could be, but CF has already lost to both Jellico and oakdale twice. Granted they gave away one to oakdale, it still counts as a loss. I have my doubts they can beat both back to back. Just too young to be consistent.... 3 or 4 freshman at times. It's possible, I guess.....but Oakdale and Jellico look like the teams set to get trounced by Grace and Meigs in the region to me. I don't see anyway any team from this district gets past those two.

If I'm not mistaken oakdale played with meigs to the wire in both games. Granted the first game at meigs the score doesn't reflect the play, but oakdale had the lead late in the 4th before Meigs got a couple 3's then foul shots proceeded making the game a 10 point or so win.

The game at oakdale was even closer and meigs escaped with a 5 point win. So saying that both teams get trounced, to me, is saying a little much. There is a reason people pay admission to watch games and that is for one team to play the other team to the final buzzer sounds and then someone is announced the winner.

Everyone has an opinion I suppose. May as well crown district 3 as World Beaters.

Coalfield lost to Jellico both times in the regular season last year before getting them in the tournament and both Oakdale games have came down to the wire. Coalfield was down by 3 with the ball with 25 seconds left friday. Should be a two really good games Saturday night.