Week 0 - Smith Co @ Alcoa

hitme

That is why ALL these teams are begging to play Alcoa (LOL). They are head and shoulders above the rest of the field in their class. It seemed that a few of the Alcoa posters were a little concerned after the Jamboree Friday night. Coach Rankin knows what he is doing, you can carry that to the bank!!!!! We, in Smith County, know a lot more about Coach Rankin than the posters from Alcoa.

Really? Ok....then if CGR wanted to leave Riverdale for a "smaller environment, school and community" why Alcoa in East TN. Why not HOME and return to Smith County. Tell us old wise one.

Really? Ok....then if CGR wanted to leave Riverdale for a "smaller environment, school and community" why Alcoa in East TN. Why not HOME and return to Smith County. Tell us old wise one.

in my opinion, because Carthage doesn't sit right outside the fertile hunting grounds of Knoxville and isn't open zoned the way Alcoa is. Why do you think when Rutherford Co went to hard zones and half our school poulation was being put into Blackman and Siegal did he leave the great situation he had there. Its not hard to see. More power to him for using the system to his advantage. Part of why he is a legend. Heck, Jimmy Johnson could win as many games at Smith Co as Rankin can at Alcoa, total diffrent situations. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Guest Termite

SC don't recruit. LOL  And look at Alcoa's pay compaired to SC's probably for doing less in a classroom if any.

It's easier to compete for championships at an Alcoa then somewhere like Smith Co.. Not as much talent here on a consistant basis (recruited or otherwise). He came here as his first head coaching job. Team had been bad, real bad for a few years. His 1 year here, didn't win a game. 2nd year bowl game, 3rd year playoffs, 4th year semi finals. Beat by eventual Champs Austin East. Then the talent leveled off and he decided to move on....I guess.

Edited by Termite

Anyone who wants to know Rankin's secret to success, just ask any of the Alcoa haters on here (recruiting). They sure talk like they know more than Alcoa supporters and the people who are actually involved with and know the program.

or ask the folks at Riverdale and Smith Co where he was also successfull. The reasons why don't matter really, TSSAA sayss so.

Anyone who wants to know Rankin's secret to success, just ask any of the Alcoa haters on here (recruiting). They sure talk like they know more than Alcoa supporters and the people who are actually involved with and know the program.

Give me a break here man..you think your program works harder than others?..maybe some but id bet my left gonad that there are loads of 3a schools that work as hard as or harder than Alcoa..you have a distinct advantage over most other schools in 3a in terms of talent pool..why is that?..you recruit, multiple state championships draw in talent and the open zoning helps too..don't give me that crap about enrollment numbers either..awful funny how you have one of the lowest enrollment numbers in 3a, but you dress as many players as some 6a schools..and lets not mention the fact that your jv could beat over half the schools in 3a..hmmm..yea that makes a lot of sense in the aint no funny business goin on here speech yall give.

SC don't recruit. LOL  And look at Alcoa's pay compaired to SC's probably for doing less in a classroom if any.

It's easier to compete for championships at an Alcoa then somewhere like Smith Co.. Not as much talent here on a consistant basis (recruited or otherwise). He came here as his first head coaching job. Team had been bad, real bad for a few years. His 1 year here, didn't win a game. 2nd year bowl game, 3rd year playoffs, 4th year quarter finals. Then the talent leveled off and he decided to move on....I guess.

It was semis...and he moved on for a better opportunity at Riverdale. When Murfreesboro built 2 more schools he moved on again. Can't argue with doing that.

Give me a break here man..you think your program works harder than others?..maybe some but id bet my left gonad that there are loads of 3a schools that work as hard as or harder than Alcoa..you have a distinct advantage over most other schools in 3a in terms of talent pool..why is that?..you recruit, multiple state championships draw in talent and the open zoning helps too..don't give me that crap about enrollment numbers either..awful funny how you have one of the lowest enrollment numbers in 3a, but you dress as many players as some 6a schools..and lets not mention the fact that your jv could beat over half the schools in 3a..hmmm..yea that makes a lot of sense in the aint no funny business goin on here speech yall give.

We must recruit pretty good, because that's news to me. Again, Alcoa has been open zone since we opened. Yet, no one said a word about it until we started winning state championships. Did I mention our weight training and feeder programs our kids grow up in?

Maybe these teams that want to beat us should quit whining and improve their feeder programs and weight training. Not to mention, create jobs in your town and give people a reason to move there and they will. Until then......................

We must recruit pretty good, because that's news to me. Again, Alcoa has been open zone since we opened. Yet, no one said a word about it until we started winning state championships. Did I mention our weight training and feeder programs our kids grow up in?

Maybe these teams that want to beat us should quit whining and improve their feeder programs and weight training. Not to mention, create jobs in your town and give people a reason to move there and they will. Until then......................

Lol