Fulton V. Powell -Week 0

Ktownfootball

I was at game and yes previous poster was correct no passes thrown .. and when you got 2nd and 3rd teamers, freshman playing and handing ball off and they run 60 yards  .. what do you do .. these young kids who practice in the heat just like the rest of them deserve to play too.

plus ... I think about 8 different players scored .. soph running back ran the last 3 I think .. he looks very good too ... and I think Powell was like oh well ... I dont see how the wing T will fly now days ..I would think the kids would hate that type offense ... 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at game and yes previous poster was correct no passes thrown .. and when you got 2nd and 3rd teamers, freshman playing and handing ball off and they run 60 yards  .. what do you do .. these young kids who practice in the heat just like the rest of them deserve to play too.

i will agree with tad on this My Greene Devils have been accused of doing this year after year -- but when you are playing freshman and soph's they deserve that chance to play and if they score let um ! congrats on the big win -- Hope to see you all later in the year --but as BVD talked about we have some area's that we've got to fix , sounds like you all had some waiting their turn.

BigDave you dont know what you are talking about. John knew what he was getting into. It aint all Powell...Fulton is very very good. And deep. I personally dont think a team should run up 83 points but I wasnt there and dont know the circumstances.

Unfortunately bigdave is correct. It is a proven fact Allen will be looking for greener pasture in 1-3 seasons and he will leave your kids high and dry just like he did at Bradley, silverdale, and central. He will do some good things while there but mark our words he will quit on them.

BigDave you dont know what you are talking about.  John knew what he was getting into.  It aint all Powell...Fulton is very very good.  And deep.  I personally dont think a team should run up 83 points but I wasnt there and dont know the circumstances.

BigDave you dont know what you are talking about.  John knew what he was getting into.  It aint all Powell...Fulton is very very good.  And deep.  I personally dont think a team should run up 83 points but I wasnt there and dont know the circumstances.

It's good for Powell's future that He'll stick it out. A lot of Coaches might try to run out the back door from this situation. Powell will improve but it'll take a while.

i will agree with tad on this My Greene Devils have been accused of doing this year after year -- but when you are playing freshman and soph's they deserve that chance to play and if they score let um ! congrats on the big win -- Hope to see you all later in the year --but as BVD talked about we have some area's that we've got to fix , sounds like you all had some waiting their turn.

yea its a tough situation to handle when you run 37 plays in a game and 12 of those were passes in the 1st half and you score on interceptions , punt returns , and long runs ..to control something like that .. its not fair to ask a 3rd team soph RB to fall down when he gets ball ... Green we all still have areas to improve on ... penalties, etc .. Good Luck I know in the end you guys will be there with us .. you always are ... 

I was at game and yes previous poster was correct no passes thrown .. and when you got 2nd and 3rd teamers, freshman playing and handing ball off and they run 60 yards .. what do you do .. these young kids who practice in the heat just like the rest of them deserve to play too.

As much as it pains me to say this I agree with TadVols. I don't think Coach Black would run up the score. At some point the defense has to make stops. You can't expect 2nd and 3rd stringers to take a knee for a whole half. They need reps as wells. Looks like I was wrong Fulton will probably steam roll to the title. You guys are extremely talented

As much as it pains me to say this I agree with TadVols. I don't think Coach Black would run up the score. At some point the defense has to make stops. You can't expect 2nd and 3rd stringers to take a knee for a whole half. They need reps as wells. Looks like I was wrong Fulton will probably steam roll to the title. You guys are extremely talented

QSouth89 -- there is alot of football to be played .. while the Falcons still have alot of skill players the passing game is improved IMO .. but the Falcon lines having to replace all 5 starters on OL and 1 DL is still work in progress because of the number of snaps having to be played ... the guys in the trenches will be playing alot of snaps bothj ways ..so can they improve , be in good enough shape to take on added workload and still be effective against teams with more of a 2 platoon football .. remains to be seen .. will be some battles at end of year .. with Catholic , Sully South and Greeneville .. Catholic played a great game at Fulton last year and return so many starters .. they would have to be the early favorite considering how many that Fulton lost to graduation . gonna be a fun season. There will be some tests on the road I think.       

QSouth89 -- there is alot of football to be played .. while the Falcons still have alot of skill players the passing game is improved IMO .. but the Falcon lines having to replace all 5 starters on OL and 1 DL is still work in progress because of the number of snaps having to be played ... the guys in the trenches will be playing alot of snaps bothj ways ..so can they improve , be in good enough shape to take on added workload and still be effective against teams with more of a 2 platoon football .. remains to be seen .. will be some battles at end of year .. with Catholic , Sully South and Greeneville .. Catholic played a great game at Fulton last year and return so many starters .. they would have to be the early favorite considering how many that Fulton lost to graduation . gonna be a fun season. There will be some tests on the road I think.

Fulton is loaded with talent.