Who wins District 3A and 4A

Ladyramshoop

I think they were talking about the region tournament because now Tellico and Meigs are on the same side of the bracket as a result of Grace being the number 1 seed.

my mistake , you are correct, hopefully Grace will not face Tellico in the district tourney, that would mean Tellico downed Meigs. Grace is going to be a tough out for anyone!

On the other side, OS finished #1 with a surging Oneida #2.  That was a real good game to watch Friday as both teams went back and fourth.  The post play for the Lady Indians was much better than the first time as Thompson and Williams were much more active and the Freshman (Bertram) held up well in the line-up.  Oneida will open with Sunbright, while QS earned the by and is automatically in the region regardless of how the tournament goes.  Wartburg and Coalfield are the other high seeds in the first round.  It will be a surprise if any of these four were to lose their first round game.  Should be a hotly contested tournament.

Kaz

I think I know who you are referiing to, and i started watching the matchup between the two. I agree that one got a little heated early, however the other player was gettin away with a lot of pushing and shoving down low as well. I agree the refs are letting them play which is good in a way, however when a player is pushing and shoving and grabbing jersies as much as i saw last night. The refs need to watch a little closer to keep the tempers from gettimng out of control. The Grace girl had definitely lost her temper, however after watching a little closer the Meigs girl was being overly agressive.

Agreed but like I was saying that is a direct affect of the foul situation. Good players will play to whatever level they need to to get the job done and if the refs let them play then they will. Aggressive would also define GCA point guard (which I like) but if she is allowed to lower her shoulder and drive then there is NO defense that can stop her but if the refs call that then you can stop her. All I'm saying is either call them all or let them play just be CONSISTENT. Regardless, there is NO excuse for elbows or punches. No matter how frustrated the girls get.

The district is very uneven......It would be a complete shock if any of the home teams lose their game.  Oakdale has a way of making teams play ugly for stretches, but I just don't think they have the players to get by Coalfield.  The other two, as you said, should be fairly easy wins. (if there is such a thing)  Some other observations:

-the Griffith twins were very deserving of their co-MVP/they are the two most aggressive guards in the district going to the rim

-Morgan is very gifted athletically.....she can defend any guard in front of her and when she goes to the rim she is hard to stop.

-Newport has the ability to affect the games without scoring many points.  If your open she will find you because she knows where everybody is on the floor.

-Wartburg has suffered from the loss of the big forward with the ball skills.  She was a tough match-up for everyone because of her size and strength.

-Snow makes his teams competative every year......he is very good at taking away what teams want to do.

-Both A. Jackson and C. Jackson are good coaches that are underappreciated, and they are both calm under pressure.

-Thompson (Oneida) has been a pleasant surprise this year.

Kaz

I am assuming in District 3A the first round game are satellite locations.

Grace BYE

MIDWAY at  HARRIMAN

ROCKWOOD at TELLICO

GREENBACK at MEIGS

Once these games are complete where do the teams move to for the semi-finals and the date of those games. It should be a great games

I am assuming in District 3A the first round game are satellite locations.

Grace BYE

MIDWAY at  HARRIMAN

ROCKWOOD at TELLICO

GREENBACK at MEIGS

Once these games are complete where do the teams move to for the semi-finals and the date of those games. It should be a great games

the district tournament is at harriman after the first round but midway harriman will be interesting and meigs should be able to beat greenback but you never know

Edited by eyeintheskytn