Who wins District 3A and 4A

Ladyramshoop

I have been watching a lot of posts on here for several years. I do not understand why so many people cry about private vs public. It seems to me that the people on the public side want to only play teams that they think are not good teams. They don't want to play good teams that might beat them. The only way a team gets better is to play good teams. Who cares if they are public or private? Bring on the best. That is the only way to improve and truly be a champion.

Edited by Hitops

We play by TSSAA rules, just like everyone in D1. Write a letter to Nashville. There's a Private / Public thread if you want to continue the discussion there.

Congratulations, you must be one of those OBNOXIOUS Grace parents that think Grace is so great. Well that's what you thought last year to right. #gottogettotheboro. #comeupalittleshort #worstsportsmanshipindistrict

• Upvote 1

#59 02BBALL

Trainer

Members

159 posts

Posted A day ago

gcapride, on 29 Jan 2015 - 7:40 PM, said:

Grace beat Midway in both meetings, guard play was a non-factor.

Grace is 10-0 in the District and really playing good ball right now. Pauly P has them focused and determined to reach their goal.

You Grace fans really get me. Your a private school playing in a public league and BRAGGING about beating them. RIDICULOUS. You should win, RIGHT. And by the way, the second Midway game was a lot closer than the score. So good luck I think you will need a little before the tourney is over.

MultiQuote

02BBALL. This is exactly the kind of post I am talking about. Why SHOULD a private school be expected to win. Are you saying public teams are substandard. That is what it looks like from posts like this. Looking at records for these private schools they are not undefeated. Maybe who ever your team is is just not coached well or had a bad night. If I had a kid playing I would want them to be pushed by playing good teams. I would not sell my team short by blaming the fact that a private school won simply because they are a private school. There are plenty of really good public and private school teams.

Congratulations, you must be one of those OBNOXIOUS Grace parents that think Grace is so great. Well that's what you thought last year to right. #gottogettotheboro. #comeupalittleshort #worstsportsmanshipindistrict

Wait, I just realized you're a Meigs fan....LOL!!!! Now I get it. You're tired of getting waxed, in every sport, by Grace. You're probably still mad about that whoopin' we gave the pussycats on the football field too, HAHAHA!

Geez, you Meigs people make this stuff too easy, lol. I literally can't stop laughing since I figured out which school you're from.

Sorry guys. I asked him politely to take his trash somewhere else, but he refused.

Edited by gcapride

Wait, I just realized you're a Meigs fan....LOL!!!! Now I get it. You're tired of getting waxed, in every sport, by Grace. You're probably still mad about that whoopin' we gave the pussycats on the football field too, HAHAHA!

Geez, you Meigs people make this stuff too easy, lol. I literally can't stop laughing since I figured out which school you're from.

Sorry guys. I asked him politely to take his trash somewhere else, but he refused.

Meigs? no I am a basketball fan. Waxed? Pay another player(FOOTBALL) . Why dont GCA play in privates? i know, cant compete. I hope you get past SUB-STATE this year good luck. If publics could recruit like privates then we wouldnt be having this conversation. As, far as my team, ANYBODY BUT GRACE.

I, for one, am just as tired of hearing the private-public "debate" too.  It has just gotten old and stale, and really....until anything changes, the hand everyone is dealt is what we have to play currently.  Last time I checked, they are all high school kids.....no one is wearing a cape under their clothes at GCA or anywhere else.  I think the rules get bent to get some good players into private schools, but they are not invincable by any means.  Do they have an advantage....sure, but if you play them thinking they are unbeatable, well, they have gained an advantage on ya right off the bat.  So instead of throwing excuses their way.....throw the kitchen sink instead....!  Play your butt off and gain on them in the only place possible....on the court!  Yeah, it's a real crappy deal, but not insurmountable IMO.

Kazateer

• Upvote 1