Blount County jamboree

A win is a win, whether it was starters or 4th team players. Both county schools will go into the season on a high. Funny how when you back the city in the corner, their best comeback is how to adjust a mower deck.

sorry , but you are mistaken....you win GAMES...not QUARTERS    Your celebration will be short lived   lol

Alcoa has no excuses. Heritage flat out beat them. They stifled Alcoa's starting offense.

Heritage beat Maryville several years back in a Jamboree and then got put in their place in the regular season. I expect Alcoa to do the same when Heritage comes to play in 5 or 6 weeks. At least Heritage did man up and come back to play Alcoa the last few years while billy blount remains a coward of the county.

Heritage beat Maryville several years back in a Jamboree and then got put in their place in the regular season. I expect Alcoa to do the same when Heritage comes to play in 5 or 6 weeks. At least Heritage did man up and come back to play Alcoa the last few years while billy blount remains a coward of the county.

I think the same will happen when WB plays Maryville....only GQ will run 2 point conversions on every score......as to mercy rules as soon as possible :mrgreen:

Ok.. If that's the case why do we play maryville every single year? If we were too scared to play Alcoa don't you think we would have avoided playing maryville through the years that we didn't have to play them?

A win is a win, whether it was starters or 4th team players. Both county schools will go into the season on a high. Funny how when you back the city in the corner, their best comeback is how to adjust a mow

NEWS FLASH   just in    wb will no longer use mowers on the field.....goats are to be used to offset county budget shortage due to new uniform purchases  " mowers are just to darn expensive to adjust and maintain" overheard at recent school board meeting.

I think the same will happen when WB plays Maryville....only GQ will run 2 point conversions on every score......as to mercy rules as soon as possible :mrgreen:

I don't see that happening. If you will remember the last time we beat maryville in the jamboree we actually came out in the regular season and gave maryville a decent game for 3 quarters. We scored 21 points on them, which was more than anyone had scored on them all season including the playoffs. I know GQ likes to be conservative in scrimmages and jamborees but you also have to realize that WBs two best options at RB didn't get a single carry in either jamboree. So ya'll can keep reminding us that ya'll weren't playing your starters most of the jamboree and it doesn't matter but the truth is you still haven't seen us at full strength either. I think we will be more competitive with Maryville this year if we can stay healthy.

Ok.. If that's the case why do we play maryville every single year? If we were too scared to play Alcoa don't you think we would have avoided playing maryville through the years that we didn't have to play them?

Getting beat by a school (even on a regular basis) with about the same amount of students is acceptable. Getting your rear-end handed to you by a school 75% smaller in population is not.There was no upside to getting a win every once in awhile over Alcoa. Plenty of humiliation over those years when a little school whips you more or less on a regular basis.I hope this helps!

Getting beat by a school (even on a regular basis) with about the same amount of students is acceptable. Getting your rear-end handed to you by a school 75% smaller in population is not.There was no upside to getting a win every once in awhile over Alcoa. Plenty of humiliation over those years when a little school whips you more or less on a regular basis.I hope this helps!

You do realize that WB was competing with and beating alcoa on a regular basis when the series between the schools ended don't you? So its irrational to say that WB quit playing Alcoa because they were scared. I don't know why the series ended and I don't really care either. I just think its silly for alcoa fans to hold it over WB fans heads.its not like we make the schedules. If you want WB on the schedule so bad give Justin Ridge a call.

You do realize that WB was competing with and beating alcoa on a regular basis when the series between the schools ended don't you? So its irrational to say that WB quit playing Alcoa because they were scared. I don't know why the series ended and I don't really care either. I just think its silly for alcoa fans to hold it over WB fans heads.its not like we make the schedules. If you want WB on the schedule so bad give Justin Ridge a call.

I believe that over the years a call has been made many times to whoever is billy blunts athletic director.it remains the same.No interest in playing Alcoa!