Loretto vs Lewis... Predictions?

Footballfan380

I fully understand the strength and confidence that Lewis Co. has in their game. Sharp runs a class act and understands the importance of getting the season off on the right foot. With that said, I am a former mustang and played MANY hard fought battles with the Panthers. Coach Boyd (who was a teammate of mine) has brought back the Butch Toner discipline. They are still putting the pieces together to become a REAL threat but I think this game will be closer than people think. If this was on into the season the score would be a lot more lop sided in favor of the Panthers due to the experience and depth.

Panthers 28-20

Good luck Panthers in your season :mrgreen:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really hard to judge our experience team because of the 6 games that they have played together 5 of those teams were very good. By scrimmaging Lexington, Dyersburg, Marshall Co., LeVergne, Giles Co. (Spring) and Perry County (Spring) there is no getting your feet wet, it's dive in the deep water and swim for your life. It's been difficult knowing what kind of team we can have to be honest. This will be a close game just like the many other great games these two have played. Mooreboy, if you play with Boyd then you played in some of those classic games of the past. Good luck!  

It's really hard to judge our experience team because of the 6 games that they have played together 5 of those teams were very good. By scrimmaging Lexington, Dyersburg, Marshall Co., LeVergne, Giles Co. (Spring) and Perry County (Spring) there is no getting your feet wet, it's dive in the deep water and swim for your life. It's been difficult knowing what kind of team we can have to be honest. This will be a close game just like the many other great games these two have played. Mooreboy, if you play with Boyd then you played in some of those classic games of the past. Good luck!  

I played against Wes Duncan and Benji Rainey. We truly had some knock down drag outs. It has been many moons ago, but I don't remember a lot of scoring and a lot of HARD knocks. I remember going to the Region banquet and you could feel the tension in the room between our two teams and when I received my award I heard a LOT of groans. Coach Sharp came to me afterwards and apologized for the reaction I received from his boys. He is a CLASS ACT!!! I believe I would run a lap today for him, if he told me to, and I wasn't even on his team. Lots of respect for him.

I played against Wes Duncan and Benji Rainey. We truly had some knock down drag outs. It has been many moons ago, but I don't remember a lot of scoring and a lot of HARD knocks. I remember going to the Region banquet and you could feel the tension in the room between our two teams and when I received my award I heard a LOT of groans. Coach Sharp came to me afterwards and apologized for the reaction I received from his boys. He is a CLASS ACT!!! I believe I would run a lap today for him, if he told me to, and I wasn't even on his team. Lots of respect for him.

The game at Loretto in 1995 was about as electric and physical as any game I have ever seen. As a matter of fact we almost met again in the Semi finals. That year Loretto went to  D'Lipscomb and LC traveled to G'pasture in the 3rd round. If I'm not mistaken Loretto lost on a last second drive and LC got beat 17-14 by the eventual state champs. Both teams were as good as anyone in the state that year.

The game at Loretto in 1995 was about as electric and physical as any game I have ever seen. As a matter of fact we almost met again in the Semi finals. That year Loretto went to  D'Lipscomb and LC traveled to G'pasture in the 3rd round. If I'm not mistaken Loretto lost on a last second drive and LC got beat 17-14 by the eventual state champs. Both teams were as good as anyone in the state that year.

You are 100% correct. We got beat like the titans did in the Super Bowl. About 1/2 a yard short of winning that game and time expired. A reporter said that in his oppinion the State Champ game was played in Loretto that night. Those were games that were awesome to be apart of other than getting my narrow butt out the bed the next morning!! If you have any contact with Rainey tell him Nick Moore #3 from Loretto said hello. I haven't seen or heard from him in years.

You are 100% correct. We got beat like the titans did in the Super Bowl. About 1/2 a yard short of winning that game and time expired. A reporter said that in his oppinion the State Champ game was played in Loretto that night. Those were games that were awesome to be apart of other than getting my narrow butt out the bed the next morning!! If you have any contact with Rainey tell him Nick Moore #3 from Loretto said hello. I haven't seen or heard from him in years.

I will tell him, but I'm sure he will read this and respond. I remember you well and know that you were a heck of a player. I can assure you that everyone involved with the Panthers that night respected you as a player. In my humble opinion the championship was played at Goodpasture that night as well. GP escaped with a win 17-14 and went on to beat DL for a second time before winning in a blowout for the state championship. The really odd thing about how the playoffs were set up then LC and GP were region champs and had to met with LC traveling. Loretto got to play at home against DL who were also the runner ups. Either way, there wasn't a split hairs difference between any of the 4 teams and on a given night anyone could beat the other. Great to hear from you Nick and good luck tonight.

I will tell him, but I'm sure he will read this and respond. I remember you well and know that you were a heck of a player. I can assure you that everyone involved with the Panthers that night respected you as a player. In my humble opinion the championship was played at Goodpasture that night as well. GP escaped with a win 17-14 and went on to beat DL for a second time before winning in a blowout for the state championship. The really odd thing about how the playoffs were set up then LC and GP were region champs and had to met with LC traveling. Loretto got to play at home against DL who were also the runner ups. Either way, there wasn't a split hairs difference between any of the 4 teams and on a given night anyone could beat the other. Great to hear from you Nick and good luck tonight.

We had to go play that small college team AT DL!!! The team was intimidating enuff without their sod field, sound system, and mega bleachers. I think they were groaning cause I was from Loretto and nothing personal. I still think they(Lewis Co.) was the best team I ever played againstin HS.

Also, I got to see Loretto in a 1st on 1st scrimmage the other night and it looks like there will be a few Freshmen starting for Loretto. They are bigger as a team than they were last year. I don't think they will be big enough to pull out a victory but I think they will hold their own better than I originally thought

Good luck Panthers and hope you guys have a great season. We may get to rekindle the old rivalry if the regions change again next year.

One thing that will definitely be in LCs favor is home field advantage. Idk if Loretto has ever been in a hostile environment like they're fixing to get thrown into tonight. That is, assuming the Panther Pit Crew is out in full force. Anybody we played from about the 3rd game on, last year, can vouch.

I still can't hear out of but one ear.