The Tornadoes Storm into Pioneer Country. UC VS Gibson County

BigSwo

Tours of the new facility are $20 if anyone is interested....

On a side note, I'm impressed with the job that Coach Cruce, and staff, have done with these guys. He gets the most out of his players regardless of the wins and losses. He instills a mindset of hard work and not giving up. This year has a chance to be a pretty decent year for these guys. Hopefully, we come out of week 0 with no injuries and go into week 1 against Scotts Hill with a full and healthy roster. Good luck to Union City this year!

• Upvote 1

Tours of the new facility are $20 if anyone is interested....

On a side note, I'm impressed with the job that Coach Cruce, and staff, have done with these guys. He gets the most out of his players regardless of the wins and losses. He instills a mindset of hard work and not giving up. This year has a chance to be a pretty decent year for these guys. Hopefully, we come out of week 0 with no injuries and go into week 1 against Scotts Hill with a full and healthy roster. Good luck to Union City this year!

Anxious to see GC's new facilities as well. Hope for injury free game, but I bet there will be a plague of cramps due to expected high heat and humidity at game time.
  • Upvote 1

Okay its time to send a message to everyone. It's time for Tornado football. Pour it on thick and keep pouring. The official season starts now . But for the Tornadoes it started back in the winter when they started in the wieght room. Now is the time to step on the gas and never let off. Go Tornadoes.

Sorry JDOGG I didn't take my phone. Ugh! It was ugly early. I got to the game with 8:45 to go in the 1st and it was already 21-0. UC. We scored 42 1st qtr points. After that we subbed a lot. Speed was the name of the game tonight. Final score 63-20. Our JV scored the rest.

Proud of UC. No body hurt or leg cramps. Hard to get a gauge on the temperament of the game due to so many fast big plays and then the starters were out. (Score 42-6 with 4 minutes left in 1st period, 56-6 at half). 1st team offense out by end of 1st quarter. Still need to shore up the long pass plays on defense. UC did not attempt a single pass.

• Upvote 1

UC is the real deal! But, hard to tell anything by that game as GC was more interested in getting the game over than actually playing football. They caught UC with their secondary pants down with a TD pass in the first half. Other than that - the UC "D" controlled everything. 

Good job by Bowling to get some major experience for the younger players - something he'll have the chance to do a great deal this season.

Cruce needs a defensive coordinator. Football is about hitting not avoiding. GC players were not prepared & that is the coaches fault. They weren't going to win the game, but, could've played harder than just going through the motions. If they play like they did last night, Scotts Hill will take the "W" from "The Wilderness". 

GC new facility is top notch! Very very nice! Only thing not ready for prime time was the sound system...big fail by the administration.

UC is the real deal! But, hard to tell anything by that game as GC was more interested in getting the game over than actually playing football. They caught UC with their secondary pants down with a TD pass in the first half. Other than that - the UC "D" controlled everything. 

Good job by Bowling to get some major experience for the younger players - something he'll have the chance to do a great deal this season.

Cruce needs a defensive coordinator. Football is about hitting not avoiding. GC players were not prepared & that is the coaches fault. They weren't going to win the game, but, could've played harder than just going through the motions. If they play like they did last night, Scotts Hill will take the "W" from "The Wilderness". 

GC new facility is top notch! Very very nice! Only thing not ready for prime time was the sound system...big fail by the administration.

Seriously!? I think our defensive coordinator does a good job with the talent and SPEED he is given. Gibson has very little team speed and could not stop Union City's RB once he got going. To say Gibson wasn't prepared is crazy to say as well! Union City is going to trounce several teams like that this year. Coach Cruce and the rest of the staff will win games and will have the team prepared for every game. Next week is a winnable game if Gibson show up and play with intensity.

Seriously!? I think our defensive coordinator does a good job with the talent and SPEED he is given. Gibson has very little team speed and could not stop Union City's RB once he got going. To say Gibson wasn't prepared is crazy to say as well! Union City is going to trounce several teams like that this year. Coach Cruce and the rest of the staff will win games and will have the team prepared for every game. Next week is a winnable game if Gibson show up and play with intensity.

GC has given up 44 points per game since the beginning of last season. That's not exactly what I would call doing a good job.

I give you that UC is a very good team, but, other teams have done the same type of damage on a Friday night that aren't the quality of the Tornadoes. 

i.e.: 68 to Gleason, 51 to Halls, 41 to Greenfield & 48 to Lake County in 2013.

Talent, strength & speed are essential if you want to excel defensively..effort, strength & preparedness are of utmost importance if you want to be competitive in every game. The defenders consistently ran away from contact in that game & many other games under Cruce. I hope they do show up & play with intensity & beat Scotts Hill & prove me wrong. GC is a school that is overdue many positive performances from their football team.