TSSAA & Lenoir City holding a young man back

endofbcs

LC obviously has issues themselves.  Don't know the entire story but I tend to side with people who are on the opposite side of the fence as the T$$AA.  

Of course LC has had roughly 750 coaching changes in the last year or so.  That in itself spells of a bunch of ineptitude.  And the latest baseball hire is one that makes you scratch your head.  Guess it was more important to get a good Advocare salesman in the building rather than go out and hire someone who could potentially light a fire in a dead program.    

I think the best thing to do is just forget about the rules because every time something doesn't go our way we blame everyone and everything else. The facts are what they are, I believe if the Woods kid isn't eligible then maybe the Middleton kid shouldn't be either with all his issues at Powell that he had. The bottom line is LC as any schools as an obligation to hold kids accountable and only LC and the Woods family knows the facts. Let’s just change all the rules to say, do as you please do as you want and if we ever disagree there maybe circumstance that you have to deal with so that way kids can do whatever and still be rewarded. Anyone with a common sense thread knows the kid moved because of issues with either the team or school otherwise he would have stayed and played because coaches and others always made sure the kid had a way to practice and anything else he needed as I watched it with my own eyes. I guess it makes no difference that the kid told team mates if Ortiz got the job that he was leaving. I can assure if the kid was just another player with average athletic ability this forum, Clinton or anyone else would CARELESS and that’s the real travesty in the sport of high school football…

LC athletic director wrote a letter stating that Woods did not leave for athletic reasons & then said however before he left he had become a discipline problem, I am getting this info from someone that is very close to the situation. The discipline problems arose mainly from tardies & not wanting to give his cell phone up....typical teenage stupidity, but not enough to sit a kid out from his whole senior season of football. LC is just mad that they lost a great football player......they did the same thing to Camion Patrick when he left to attend Knox West. They know how to word it to make a kid sit the bench.

Patrick was ineligible because of academic issues, not disciplinary issues. 

LC athletic director wrote a letter stating that Woods did not leave for athletic reasons & then said however before he left he had become a discipline problem, I am getting this info from someone that is very close to the situation. The discipline problems arose mainly from tardies & not wanting to give his cell phone up....typical teenage stupidity, but not enough to sit a kid out from his whole senior season of football. LC is just mad that they lost a great football player......they did the same thing to Camion Patrick when he left to attend Knox West. They know how to word it to make a kid sit the bench.

And Clinton is upset because they just want a good football player 

What people don't know is that LC had this kid taking a bunch of bs classes just to keep him eligible for hs football (whole lotta PE)-since he got to chs-the coaches there have tried to get him back on track to be eligible for college football.  he went to summer school and has done what has been asked of him.  yes, the chs coaches want him on the field (who wouldn't?) but they also care about his future!! realistically, i dont think the t$$aa gives a rats behind about this kid and won't make him eligible.  Hate it for the kid and the dragons!!  bottom line is it's high school-why do all these kids need to transfer?  it sucks these kids dont have mature, responsible adults that keep them from just picking up and transferring.  sure am glad i'm a murvil fan and we aint gotta worry about that crap!!!!!

I think the best thing to do is just forget about the rules because every time something doesn't go our way we blame everyone and everything else. The facts are what they are, I believe if the Woods kid isn't eligible then maybe the Middleton kid shouldn't be either with all his issues at Powell that he had. The bottom line is LC as any schools as an obligation to hold kids accountable and only LC and the Woods family knows the facts. Let’s just change all the rules to say, do as you please do as you want and if we ever disagree there maybe circumstance that you have to deal with so that way kids can do whatever and still be rewarded. Anyone with a common sense thread knows the kid moved because of issues with either the team or school otherwise he would have stayed and played because coaches and others always made sure the kid had a way to practice and anything else he needed as I watched it with my own eyes. I guess it makes no difference that the kid told team mates if Ortiz got the job that he was leaving. I can assure if the kid was just another player with average athletic ability this forum, Clinton or anyone else would CARELESS and that’s the real travesty in the sport of high school football…

You are correct because if it was an average athlete the other school would have never turned in a bad letter.

If The TSSAA does the right thing-Then the kid will not be playing at Clinton.

In that case Middleton shouldn't be playing at the almighty Oak Ridge! Blade you are a complete jerk on the boards here.....I'm surprised you are a high school football fan considering you don't care about kids. At least thats how it appears in all your post. Forget the fact that you obviously don't like Clinton, if you think Middleton deserves another chance, then you have to admit that Woods does as well.

• Upvote 1

I may be the only one in Oak Ridge   to say this..But Middleton would not be welcome on my team. They would have to make me put him on my roster. Ask anyone.. They will tell you my feelings on that./. He has had way too many chances.And so has The kid from LC..  

Right is right.  Try it sometime.  

Let me repeat, They have both had second chances... They don't deserve anymore. 

Edited by bladerunner