Clinton @ AC week 0 game preview

Mav4life

Fox played a phenomenal game & was the difference maker in the game, just as Woods would have been for Clinton. If Gary Terry or any other person in authority tried to sabotage a young man's future over a game, they should be ashamed and need to examine why they are in the education field.

What a pathetic comment!

Fox is going to do that to alot of teams this year. Clinton lost by 16, but I can still see improvement in their defense.

I agree your D is improved. When the adrenaline was flowing early on Clinton had a lot of good stops. Our line is still pretty big though and they were able to have their way more and more as the night wore on. I was pleased with our D. We were able to frustrate your QB and made him throw some he'd rather have back. Clinton's running game never was able to take off. Any idea what was up with Kerr after the game? I heard he refused to shake our coaches' hands.

Fox is going to do that to alot of teams this year. Clinton lost by 16, but I can still see improvement in their defense.

Agreed, Clintons Defense was much improved from this time last year as was their overall team in general.  I think Clinton will be a tuff opponent for anyone on their schedule this year.  In the End it came down to AC being the better overall team in my opinion, AC came out and looked very Jittery with a lot of mistakes in the backfield and they looked slow on offense, and had a very costly fumble on an option in the first Qtr to set up Clintons first Score, Clinton Capitalized and played a very strong first half, but as the game went on AC kept getting better and the run game got stronger.  I was fairly impressed with AC's line play and you could really see it on some of the pass plays where Smith had pleanty of time.  AC ran a lot of stretch plays on the perimeter and I think that helped the line a lot, but starting late in the second qtr on through the 3rd, AC was able to gain some pretty big Chunks right up the Gut with Fox and Johnson.  AC's defense also looked improved in the fact that I saw a lot of Blue Jerseys in on the tackles for the Mavs, it seemed like everytime a tackle was made there were 3 Mavs in on it.  If the Mavs can improve their pass game at all and sure up a few mistakes they made in the secondary with some mental breakdowns they could be a very good team again this year.  Last season Thackerson ended averaging over 300 yards a game and AC held him to around 180 yards and a pick 6, I was pretty happy with the overall body on Defense, but we did have some major breakdowns that left some guys wide open and we will have to improve on that if we want to beat the likes of Campbell County.  Fox ended the night with a reported 247 yards on 27 carries and 3 TD's and Johnson had 9 carries for 57 yards and a TD.  That is a combined total of 304 yards on 36 carries and 4 td's for the combo of backs, with an average of 8.4 yards a carry, fox averaged 9.1 yards a carry and Johnson 6.3 yards.  I would like to see the carries between the 2 backs a little more even, I think AC could have gotten the same results in the run game had Fox had 20 carries and Johnson had 15.  I know that you need to feed the Fox but with a kid like Johnson there not all the load needs to be on Matt.  I will say however that Matt seemed to look faster and more explosive in the 3rd qtr than the 1st and 2nd so maybe he needs the carries to get the motor going.  But like I said, Clinton was much improved and I think they make the playoffs this season, would not surprise me if they went 6-4 or 7-3 and upset a team in the first round.

I agree your D is improved. When the adrenaline was flowing early on Clinton had a lot of good stops. Our line is still pretty big though and they were able to have their way more and more as the night wore on. I was pleased with our D. We were able to frustrate your QB and made him throw some he'd rather have back. Clinton's running game never was able to take off. Any idea what was up with Kerr after the game? I heard he refused to shake our coaches' hands.

No, I didn't know that happened. Hmmm

just a little FYI for the AC fans,

In last years matchup Fox had 14 carries for 149 yards (10.64 avg)  and 4TD's

In this years matchup Fox had 27 carries fro 247 yards (9.1 avg) and 3TD's

This means that Fox is ahead of last year on carries and yardage with 13 more carries and 98 more yards and is fairly close to his average yards per carry from last season with 1 less TD...that is a great start for Matt to the 2014 season. 

• Upvote 1

just a little FYI for the AC fans,

In last years matchup Fox had 14 carries for 149 yards (10.64 avg) and 4TD's

In this years matchup Fox had 27 carries fro 247 yards (9.1 avg) and 3TD's

This means that Fox is ahead of last year on carries and yardage with 13 more carries and 98 more yards and is fairly close to his average yards per carry from last season with 1 less TD...that is a great start for Matt to the 2014 season.

Yes it is. Good info as always M4L.