Henry County @ Liberty- Week 0

MSURacer

FYI

BA beat Liberty 43-19 tonight and Liberty scored 2 tds late in the 4th Q on BAs 3rd string. The starters were taken out when the mercy rule went into effect with BA up 43-7 in the first minute of the second half. Liberty came out and hit BA in the mouth on the opening series and it was a game for the first quarter. They were fired up and very athletic but I thought libertys energy diminished greatly when BA scores 3 tds in quick fashion and I don't think liberty crossed midfield but 2 times in the first half. BA man handled them on both sides of the ball. Number 2 for liberty is a flat out stud and I think they should have utilized him more but BA made adjustments to keep him in check. I was also impressed with their quarterback at times too but he just did not have a lot of time to operate.

I'll be the first to admit I don't have a good appreciation for the level of football the big schools play.  Liberty will benefit more from this loss than BA will gain. 

To the rest of 4A, good luck next year.

FYI

BA beat Liberty 43-19 tonight and Liberty scored 2 tds late in the 4th Q on BAs 3rd string. The starters were taken out when the mercy rule went into effect with BA up 43-7 in the first minute of the second half. Liberty came out and hit BA in the mouth on the opening series and it was a game for the first quarter. They were fired up and very athletic but I thought libertys energy diminished greatly when BA scores 3 tds in quick fashion and I don't think liberty crossed midfield but 2 times in the first half. BA man handled them on both sides of the ball. Number 2 for liberty is a flat out stud and I think they should have utilized him more but BA made adjustments to keep him in check. I was also impressed with their quarterback at times too but he just did not have a lot of time to operate.

i dont know...i do and dont agree with ur assessment...but we were outclassed that was obvious

liberty RBs #1 willie pearson and #2 devin bush were both injured in the 1st quarter...the team flat out gave up...it was a joke to watch after that admittedly

with the score 14-7 and liberty on the BA 3 or 4 yardline 1st and goal...and we didnt get in...that was the back breaker...i dont care if ur missing ur 2 playmakers...u have to score 7 from that position...we didnt

we would not be able to keep up with the scoring rate of BA...but i do believe we could have gotten a few more points...they werent exactly containing our RBs in the 1st quarter...both eventually returned to the game but limping around like wounded animals

once again it was a great experience tho...for our boys and for the 30 or so fans that showed up...the most amazing facilities...i dont know if we did enough in our 2 year agreement to get invited back...i felt like we needed to make this a competitive game for that to happen and we didnt...sorry

I'll be the first to admit I don't have a good appreciation for the level of football the big schools play.  Liberty will benefit more from this loss than BA will gain. 

i heard u guys took out the beasts from beech!!!   way to go big red...bout the only thing that made me happy on the ride home

We were happy to have you guys. BA is a big physical team and unless a team can go toe to toe with that o line they are hard to stop from scoring .. I was impressed with both your speedy backs as quick as any kids I have seen in d2. . I think getting 1 and 2 into open space would have created some problems for BA. 3 of our starters are down as well .. Qb who is perhaps best runner on team at 6'4 220 pounds ...starting defensive end 6'3 265 and starting running back and safety all out.

You are right it seemed the air went out for you guys in the 2nd quarter after failing to score at the 3. I was worried early in the game as we have had a fast elusive back ( corn elder ) burn BA for big yards in the past. Give number 2 3 inches and no one is catching that kid. I will be pulling for you guys the rest of the year and against MUS. I am impressed with your schedule and how the coaching staff at liberty has chosen to play the best teams possible in order to prepare your team for the playoffs. You guys are athletic and talented just hard to come into BA and win. We drilled Ensworth last year at home and I thought the game last night could have been closer with a few plays here and there.. Good luck to you guys and I hope we see you all again .

i dont know...i do and dont agree with ur assessment...but we were outclassed that was obvious

liberty RBs #1 willie pearson and #2 devin bush were both injured in the 1st quarter...the team flat out gave up...it was a joke to watch after that admittedly

with the score 14-7 and liberty on the BA 3 or 4 yardline 1st and goal...and we didnt get in...that was the back breaker...i dont care if ur missing ur 2 playmakers...u have to score 7 from that position...we didnt

we would not be able to keep up with the scoring rate of BA...but i do believe we could have gotten a few more points...they werent exactly containing our RBs in the 1st quarter...both eventually returned to the game but limping around like wounded animals

once again it was a great experience tho...for our boys and for the 30 or so fans that showed up...the most amazing facilities...i dont know if we did enough in our 2 year agreement to get invited back...i felt like we needed to make this a competitive game for that to happen and we didnt...sorry

Edited by baylorbigdog1976