Henry County @ Liberty- Week 0

MSURacer

Few notes on this one. Heard a Henry County fan on ESPN before kickoff "calling out" Liberty for not having any fans at the game as compared to H C. Over 95 percent (including me) picked the Pats to win in Jackson. It's still football and any team can have a bad night. That's why you don't run all around bragging like Henry Co. has for the past few years. Congrats to Crusaders on a fine victory over a quality team.

With all due respect, this program has actually given itself a few things to brag about over the last 8 or 9 years. And as for this thread, outside of Warrior's blatantly obvious troll attempt, I don't recall anyone from HC bragging. Most of us actually admitted we weren't sure about this game.

Liberty wins 21-14. Can't do anything but take your hats off to the Crusaders. They were flat out the better team in every phase of the game and I expect them to do great things in 4a this season. Their D line in particular is just something else. And this Bush RB might just be the best one yet. Congrats Liberty and I will be pulling for you the rest of the way.

As for Henry County, I thought the defense started out really strong, but outside of a couple of runs by Henderson, our offense couldn't do anything tonight. Our O line in particular just got manhandled for the most part. And we couldn't do anything in the passing game. We either need to get a lot better up front or find some more playmakers on offense if we want a shred of a chance at defending our title.

What a great game I see both teams making deep playoff runs

Liberty wins 21-14. Can't do anything but take your hats off to the Crusaders. They were flat out the better team in every phase of the game and I expect them to do great things in 4a this season. Their D line in particular is just something else. And this Bush RB might just be the best one yet. Congrats Liberty and I will be pulling for you the rest of the way.

As for Henry County, I thought the defense started out really strong, but outside of a couple of runs by Henderson, our offense couldn't do anything tonight. Our O line in particular just got manhandled for the most part. And we couldn't do anything in the passing game. We either need to get a lot better up front or find some more playmakers on offense if we want a shred of a chance at defending our title.

hope u guys had a safe trip home...i just got in myself...what a fantastic game...down to the wire...was really hoping we could avoid that late run from HC but our offense imo really struggled against the Patriot D...i know bush made some nice runs...but we cant always count on that...i was really hoping that our offense would come on the field with 4 minuntes and change and just walk it down the field running out the clock...instead a minute later we were punting and once again on D...those boys played very very well...but penalties kept forcing them back on the field...

i think ur big red D was more than effective...we really struggled getting decent yardage most of the game on our carries...dbs on both sides made some pretty nice plays after getting beat by a step or so...the recoveries were impressive

both teams have some offensive issues to work out...thanks to all the big red fans for making the trip...once again another fantastic atmosphere that liberty players never get to experience outside of this game

hope u boys left healthy...i know u had 1 lineman go down...dont remember if he made it back in...we lost one of our own as well...

best of luck the rest of the way...hopefully we can do it again 52 weeks from now

With all due respect, this program has actually given itself a few things to brag about over the last 8 or 9 years. And as for this thread, outside of Warrior's blatantly obvious troll attempt, I don't recall anyone from HC bragging. Most of us actually admitted we weren't sure about this game.

I don't even know what it means to troll. I don't think they've ever beaten us before. It was an honest post on my part. I say what most of you think. I'm surprised and I was obviously wrong but my prediction is that we will be playing longer than they will. If that's trolling then I guess I'm a troll, whatever that is.

I don't even know what it means to troll. I don't think they've ever beaten us before. It was an honest post on my part. I say what most of you think. I'm surprised and I was obviously wrong but my prediction is that we will be playing longer than they will. If that's trolling then I guess I'm a troll, whatever that is.

Just give Liberty the respect they deserve.  They laced 'em up, went out on the field and lined up with the Pats and won.  At the end of the game Liberty at a mark on the left side and the Pats had on the right side.  Enough said  

Edited by TheCommissioner

Just give Liberty the respect they deserve. They laced 'em up, went out on the field and lined up with the Pats and won. At the end of the game Liberty at a mark on the left side and the Pats had on the right side. Enough said

I doubt Liberty's victory gets any sweeter because I give them credit but if you think that's what I should do, then I'll state the obvious. They were better than us last night. I'll also state this.....they won't go as deep in the playoffs as we will.

Honestly thought you made that comment in jest. Guess not, so I apologize. Not sure how you know "what most of us think", though.

Edited by MSURacer

I'm not gonna lie, most of district 10 was happy to hear HC lost. I hope you all made it injury free.

I along with everyone else, (mostly) will give HC the respect they deserve and treat them like the state champions that they are, but that only go's so far and this is a new year.

Great coaches, great players and still the class of District 10AAA.

Best of luck here on out, glad we don't play you next week, and see you in October.

I haven't come across a Henry County fan in many years who didn't think we were much better than any opponent we play. Maybe you're the exception.

I think we've been much better than most of the opponents we've played over the last several years, and our record has reflected that. But I honestly did not know what to expect going into last night given some of our preseason issues and what i had heard about this year's Liberty team. I am hardly the only exception.

And for the record, I'm not trying to sound doom and gloom. There's still a lot of season left and much potential on this team.