Henry County @ Liberty- Week 0

MSURacer

Welcome back to the boards Yanker! I like your thinking in these matchups - particularly the one about the Big Red rolling! Its going to be a great game and I'm looking forward to it. I just hope that the heat index doesn't get out of hand early on in the game. It looks to be a scorcher today! But if its like last night, once the sun went down it wasn't too bad if the air was stirring.

I think the Patriots are ready for the season. They looked all business yesterday in there walk-throughs. So bring on the Crusaders, the Big Red is ready for the challenge!!!

Let's Get it ON!

Go Big RED!!!

It's good to be back my young "Cephus" of a friend!  Henrylanders will be happy tonight at 9:30.....and in case you have forgotten.....I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!!

Frosh won 52-0 (they are pretty good) : Inman was ahead late 28-8

GO BIG RED

Wouldn't mind seeing a few of these freshmen contribute to the varsity later in the year. So much speed! And man do they run/play hard!

Both middle schools have some good talent yet again. Inman is always tough of course, but HC middle continues to get better. They scored a 32-20 win over Stewart County in their opener.

Hopefully the big kids can cap off a great opening week tonight! Good luck and Go Big Red!!!

I'm going be there supporting the Crusaders!  I think the Crusaders will pull out a close game but wouldn't be surprise if the Pats pull it out.  This is always a great game to attend, with all the playmakers each team brings to the field and non stop action.  Good luck to both teams and safe travels to Henry fans and team.  Go Crusaders!

I'm going be there supporting the Crusaders!  I think the Crusaders will pull out a close game but wouldn't be surprise if the Pats pull it out.  This is always a great game to attend, with all the playmakers each team brings to the field and non stop action.  Good luck to both teams and safe travels to Henry fans and team.  Go Crusaders!

Thanks gohawks.

And just to express my sincerity from here in Paris, I'll let you guys in on some breaking weather information about tonight.  This is copied and pasted from the National Ocianic and Aeronautics Service (NOAA):

Alert . . . a rogue polar vortex is expected to sweep through West Tennessee beginning at 7:45 pm CDT Friday, August 22, 2014.  This rogue polar vortex is expected to bring dropping temperatures and anyone caught unprepared will become very uncomfortable.  It is especially advised that any high school football players dress appropriately and this should include insulated underwear, double layered Under Armor, insulated socks, and wool or goose down tobaggans.  Areas affected include Three-Way, Bemis, Jackson, and surrounding areas.

I started to keep this to myself but was afraid I wouldn't sleep well had I done so.

• Upvote 1

Thanks gohawks.

And just to express my sincerity from here in Paris, I'll let you guys in on some breaking weather information about tonight.  This is copied and pasted from the National Ocianic and Aeronautics Service (NOAA):

Alert . . . a rogue polar vortex is expected to sweep through West Tennessee beginning at 7:45 pm CDT Friday, August 22, 2014.  This rogue polar vortex is expected to bring dropping temperatures and anyone caught unprepared will become very uncomfortable.  It is especially advised that any high school football players dress appropriately and this should include insulated underwear, double layered Under Armor, insulated socks, and wool or goose down tobaggans.  Areas affected include Three-Way, Bemis, Jackson, and surrounding areas.

I started to keep this to myself but was afraid I wouldn't sleep well had I done so.

geez...im glad you said something...ill let the team know...

our qb must have known...he was wearing a hoodie today in class...thank goodness hes prepared at least

Few notes on this one. Heard a Henry County fan on ESPN before kickoff "calling out" Liberty for not having any fans at the game as compared to H C. Over 95 percent (including me) picked the Pats to win in Jackson. It's still football and any team can have a bad night. That's why you don't run all around bragging like Henry Co. has for the past few years. Congrats to Crusaders on a fine victory over a quality team. 

Liberty wins 21-14. Can't do anything but take your hats off to the Crusaders. They were flat out the better team in every phase of the game and I expect them to do great things in 4a this season. Their D line in particular is just something else. And this Bush RB might just be the best one yet. Congrats Liberty and I will be pulling for you the rest of the way.

As for Henry County, I thought the defense started out really strong, but outside of a couple of runs by Henderson, our offense couldn't do anything tonight. Our O line in particular just got manhandled for the most part. And we couldn't do anything in the passing game. We either need to get a lot better up front or find some more playmakers on offense if we want a shred of a chance at defending our title.