Henry County @ Liberty- Week 0

MSURacer

Just curious in what you saw from liberty ..? I know nothing about their team

To clarify, I believe Liberty will score more than 21 points in each of their subsequent games.

I know nothing at all about the private schools. I do know talent, discipline, scheme, size, speed, and heart when I see it. My hat is off to Brentwood if they can contain what I saw Friday against HC.

Speed, speed, speed, speed and speed.

This Liberty team might be a little more disciplined and mentally tough than past years as well.

But, BA has all that speed, more size, more discipline, and really more of everything else. Game could be more competitive than last year, but I'd still bet on BA running away with it.

I hope so ... BA has some players down and this win over henry county got everyone's attention around here. Should be a good game

This Liberty team might be a little more disciplined and mentally tough than past years as well.

But, BA has all that speed, more size, more discipline, and really more of everything else. Game could be more competitive than last year, but I'd still bet on BA running away with it.

They are fast, tall, big.  Very well coached.  Good condition.  Hard to tackle.  Virtually no penalties.

I don't doubt they can be beat with an equally talented team.  I really don't see anyone running away with them this year.  This is not last year's Liberty team I assure you.

We beat them badly enough last year that they went and had a full practice that night after the bus ride home (so we heard). 

A good passing scheme might do well . . . or not.  We didn't exactly test that part of their defense.

Good info ... Well see how Friday night goes. Glad they are improved as it's no fun watching a team go down 45 -0 in the first 20 min of a game.

Sounds like BA needs to have their a game fri night

They are fast, tall, big. Very well coached. Good condition. Hard to tackle. Virtually no penalties.

I don't doubt they can be beat with an equally talented team. I really don't see anyone running away with them this year. This is not last year's Liberty team I assure you.

We beat them badly enough last year that they went and had a full practice that night after the bus ride home (so we heard).

A good passing scheme might do well . . . or not. We didn't exactly test that part of their defense.

BA does not have the speed Liberty does, I dont care what you say, Doesnt mean LT will win but still.....

you are probably correct on that one. BA is huge but I think overall team speed is down this year from past teams. BA will pound the ball behind what may be the best o- line they have had at the school in some time. I'm excited for a good game hopefully. I think LT was shell shocked last year . Not the case this year. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a close game and I think the BA coaches are preparing for one. Was just at practice and it was one of the toughest I have seen in a long time.

BA does not have the speed Liberty does, I dont care what you say, Doesnt mean LT will win but still.....

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Thank you Facts for ur assessment of our team @ Liberty...i tend to agree...minus BA

for baylorbigdog...u were very kind last year after our game with BA with ur comments...we tried...and failed miserably...i did not expect a win by any means...but a better game for sure

i believe we can give BA that game this year...coming out of the game injury free will be the key to the rest of our season...

FACTS:  the 2 best teams liberty has ever faced were Henry Co 2011 and Brentwood Academy 2013...i made some decent money claiming they would beat ensworth...i was devastatingly surprised that they lost to Father Ryan the week after they dismantled Liberty...i think that added to my earnings from the ensworth game...

i will be satisfied if we keep the game within 2 TDs...i know BA lost some guys to graduation...some incredible players...i can only assume they havent dropped off much if any

programs like BA, HC and MUS are what we are striving to become year in and year out...i do believe we can beat MUS with a healthy squad...we gave them all they wanted for a half last year without bush in the game...

I think so too. We have a lot of new faces starting this year and after the first game against MUS I couldn't tell much even though we won that game. You guys play one of the toughest early season schedules in the state ..right up there with any team in any division . I know you guys are capable of playing with anyone . We are looking forward to it

Thank you Facts for ur assessment of our team @ Liberty...i tend to agree...minus BA

for baylorbigdog...u were very kind last year after our game with BA with ur comments...we tried...and failed miserably...i did not expect a win by any means...but a better game for sure

i believe we can give BA that game this year...coming out of the game injury free will be the key to the rest of our season...

FACTS: the 2 best teams liberty has ever faced were Henry Co 2011 and Brentwood Academy 2013...i made some decent money claiming they would beat ensworth...i was devastatingly surprised that they lost to Father Ryan the week after they dismantled Liberty...i think that added to my earnings from the ensworth game...

i will be satisfied if we keep the game within 2 TDs...i know BA lost some guys to graduation...some incredible players...i can only assume they havent dropped off much if any

programs like BA, HC and MUS are what we are striving to become year in and year out...i do believe we can beat MUS with a healthy squad...we gave them all they wanted for a half last year without bush in the game...

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

http://www.brentwoodhomepage.com/humdingers-game-of-week-ba-begins-homestand-with-bout-against-liberty-tech-cms-17356#.VAC78Ym9LCR

FACTS: the 2 best teams liberty has ever faced were Henry Co 2011 and Brentwood Academy 2013...i made some decent money claiming they would beat ensworth...i was devastatingly surprised that they lost to Father Ryan the week after they dismantled Liberty...i think that added to my earnings from the ensworth game...

FYI

BA beat Liberty 43-19 tonight and Liberty scored 2 tds late in the 4th Q on BAs 3rd string. The starters were taken out when the mercy rule went into effect with BA up 43-7 in the first minute of the second half. Liberty came out and hit BA in the mouth on the opening series and it was a game for the first quarter. They were fired up and very athletic but I thought libertys energy diminished greatly when BA scores 3 tds in quick fashion and I don't think liberty crossed midfield but 2 times in the first half. BA man handled them on both sides of the ball. Number 2 for liberty is a flat out stud and I think they should have utilized him more but BA made adjustments to keep him in check. I was also impressed with their quarterback at times too but he just did not have a lot of time to operate.

Liberty looked better Friday than anyone we played at any point in the regular season last year and not worse than anybody we played through the Championship last year.  Scary what they'll become barring injury, etc.

I thought we'd win on conditioning if nothing else, discipline if necessary.  Never been so wrong about a ballgame in my life. They had a fairly good crowd to boot.

Prediction:  They scored their season low against us.

Challenge to Liberty fans, families:  Go support these boys.  There is nothing better to do on Friday nights this time of year, home or away.