Hampton VS Unicoi

pujo

Missing a couple of kids, but we should be ready to go. It'll be a few weeks before either are ready,they'll help when they return. Hopefully we'll have good fortune this season,injuries can really hamper a small school.

Pujo, who all have the Dawgs scrimmaged this preseason? A change in work schedule has really killed my Friday Night Light watching, but I'd love to keep up with Hampton this year. I've heard it could be a special one.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo, who all have the Dawgs scrimmaged this preseason? A change in work schedule has really killed my Friday Night Light watching, but I'd love to keep up with Hampton this year. I've heard it could be a special one.

Scrimmaged Sullivan Central, West Lincoln NC,Avery NC, Mcdowell NC, and Hasppy Valley, we've looked pretty good on offence, but I think we'll have to improve on D if we are going to compete with the best teams on our schedule. We're still a fairly young team with new starters in a few spots.We should get better as the season goes along. I'm just glad the season is upon us. Nothing like the FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS.

I haven't got to keep up much this yr with my work schedule but pujo how'd we do against happy valley in that scrimmage and will we throw the ball a little more this yr?

I'm pretty sure we scored 3 times and HV scored once. As far as our offence goes,we should have a pretty good balance, the other team may dictate that. With good skill players and a quality QB, we should be able to keep the other team honest.

Also pujo, how will the new classification affect Hampton?

It really depends on everyone's enrollments, for some schools like Cloudland ,its cut and dried, but you have several border line teams that could go up or down. I'm sure we will be one of the largest 1a schools or either one of the smallest 2a,s. I think they should have went with 5 classes and split the privates, but its easy to see that money dictated this new plan. Any rule that drops Maryville and Alcoa down a class is foolish.

It really depends on everyone's enrollments, for some schools like Cloudland ,its cut and dried, but you have several border line teams that could go up or down. I'm sure we will be one of the largest 1a schools or either one of the smallest 2a,s. I think they should have went with 5 classes and split the privates, but its easy to see that money dictated this new plan. Any rule that drops Maryville and Alcoa down a class is foolish.

pujo, I was checking out your carter county sports website and I must say I was impressed. I did see one thing that really made me look for the comment button though. Has it been 10 years since 2008? cause it said Hampton seeking 10th straight conference crown. Now as much as I would like to completely erase the memory of GCA being in our conference they won it in 2008. Even after you take it away from them for straight up cheating and knowing they were cheating we finished second that year. Get that reporter straightened out up there! lol

Good luck with the blue devils tomorrow. We got a tough one with PF tomorrow. A win could give us a real boost our program needs right now.

pujo, I was checking out your carter county sports website and I must say I was impressed. I did see one thing that really made me look for the comment button though. Has it been 10 years since 2008? cause it said Hampton seeking 10th straight conference crown. Now as much as I would like to completely erase the memory of GCA being in our conference they won it in 2008. Even after you take it away from them for straight up cheating and knowing they were cheating we finished second that year. Get that reporter straightened out up there! lol

Good luck with the blue devils tomorrow. We got a tough one with PF tomorrow. A win could give us a real boost our program needs right now.

I'd love to see you guys on the winning side tomorrow night Oldeagle, I'd say you have both hands full. From what I understand,they are very well coached and return alot of starters from last years squad. You guys need some good fortune, its hard to sell a program without you have a fair amount of success.

As far as who finished where in 2008, I couldn't care less. I'm just glad we whipped Grace. Tomorrow nights game is the only one that matters to me for the time.

I'd love to see you guys on the winning side tomorrow night Oldeagle, I'd say you have both hands full. From what I understand,they are very well coached and return alot of starters from last years squad. You guys need some good fortune, its hard to sell a program without you have a fair amount of success.

As far as who finished where in 2008, I couldn't care less. I'm just glad we whipped Grace. Tomorrow nights game is the only one that matters to me for the time.

GCA irks me and anything I see that reminds me of them irks me.

PF is coached well. They aren't what you would call extremely talented but they are very deep with solid ballplayers. We will have to play well and control the pace to get the W tomorrow.

GCA irks me and anything I see that reminds me of them irks me.

PF is coached well. They aren't what you would call extremely talented but they are very deep with solid ballplayers. We will have to play well and control the pace to get the W tomorrow.

They IRK alot of people, hopefully the split will happen and we can rid our memory.Before anyone gets excited, this has nothing in the world to do with the kids. Its just the system and the way a few schools try to manipulate and stretch the rules.