Will Copper Basin and Polk County ever reschedule their old rivalry?

BigDave1967

I do not think they will ever play football again after the wildcat fans actions at the last game. With the company closed the two schools are very different in size about 700 to 800 for the Benton boys and about two hundred for Basin. I know for a fact Basin has begged to play Polk in basketball the last few years, which I do believe Basin boys would win and maybe win easily. So I do not think they will play again.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Copper Basin stopped playing Polk County because Polk County was going through a great run and would have mercy ruled CB each and everytime. Now that Polk County is going back down I would think this rivalry might start back up IF Polk would even play now.

I love to see CB play them for 2-3 seasons in a row. I think PC is going to be on the rise this season and go to the Playoffs with a 5-5 record. So if they would play at all it wouldn't probably be for long because the folks who run CB athletics wouldn't want them to be kicked in the teeth multiple years in a row like it was the last couple of times that they played.

Edited by BigDave1967

I love to see CB play them for 2-3 seasons in a row. I think PC is going to be on the rise this season and go to the Playoffs with a 5-5 record. So if they would play at all it wouldn't probably be for long because the folks who run CB athletics wouldn't want them to be kicked in the teeth multiple years in a row like it was the last couple of times that they played.

Polk County could make it to 5-5 this season. Maybe....... At the absolute best. They will be a very young team that is short on numbers compared to past teams.