South Pitt vs. Hixson (Moore man against this Duff man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says the Pirates obviously is low on gun powder. The O is like a car firing on two cylinders. Ain't sure why the Pirates is in the spread neither? The QB is like a gun slinger going to a gun fight with only 1 bullet. Fellers, it ain't the losses but the Pirates have yet been competitive in the 2 feuds so far. Recon theys always hope thou...1. Figure Rose Colored glasses could come in handy bout now 2. Best get to watching and studying them studding manuals ifin them Jasper folkes have left any on the shelves. Yep, recon so

I watched some of the game when I got home, I will watch more later. Running back ran hard, quarterback was not helped by drops. There was way too much mouthing for a team that was getting whipped physically. Once a player taunted after a 40 yard run was allowed. Did one player have two different personal fouls?

I watched some of the game when I got home, I will watch more later. Running back ran hard, quarterback was not helped by drops. There was way too much mouthing for a team that was getting whipped physically. Once a player taunted after a 40 yard run was allowed. Did one player have two different personal fouls?

SP has a lot of work to do Indian. In all aspects of the game. It's going to be a tough year. We simply don't have the athletes. Everyone is bigger, faster and stronger. That my friend is usually a recipe for tough times.

I am willing to be patient as the Pirates have some new faces starting. HIXSON is a 4A team.....Bell Co was a 3A team and both were good. No shame in losing to them and the Pirates never quit. These two games were expected to be tough and I have faith that the coaches will get full potential out of this team. The Pirates can win the rest of the games this season so encourage them and show your support.

Rlh this is not the same knox catholic team as last year they are the real deal. They will compete with Fulton as they did last year in the semis . Never seen so much speed and size in the same place before . Their first string tailback from last year is now third on the depth chart if that tells you how the recruiting trail has been good to them. Coalfield is not as good as last year either very young with all the injuries.

Rlh this is not the same knox catholic team as last year they are the real deal. They will compete with Fulton as they did last year in the semis . Never seen so much speed and size in the same place before . Their first string tailback from last year is now third on the depth chart if that tells you how the recruiting trail has been good to them. Coalfield is not as good as last year either very young with all the injuries.

Catholic is doing well from the recruiting standpoint.

Old Pirate's take of this mess is not too complicated. OP will provide that take at the end of post. But to perhaps hit on a couple of concerns that are glaring. 1. SP obviously lost several talented players that were expected to help. The kicker/RB, a big lineman/LB and RB/DB, from TNTBSUS rumors 2 had problems with discipline and 1 other interests resulting in the Pirates having lessor talent on the field. 2. New OC with another offensive philosophy resulting in costly timeouts & delays because the plays have not been learned by players. Now for some possible adjustments that would help? OP's take is simple, buy, beg or borrow studding manuals and videos. The Jasper kinfolkes may a HEEP show up in yard sales! Yep, recon so....

Edited by OLD PIRATE