South Pitt vs. Hixson (Moore man against this Duff man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the camera panned the SP side of the stands, and showed the low turn out, I was thinking that's probably how our home stands will look at the end of the season.  This is gonna be one of those years that will separate real fans from fair weather fans.  After last week's loss I told my son "now you know how all those other teams have felt all these years."  Don't get me wrong, though.  I'm a Pirate fan through and through - it's just that at some point the domination had to end.  It simply can't go on forever.  We'll do OK against 1A teams, but that domination we've had over bigger teams is gone for a while.

As the camera panned the SP side of the stands, and showed the low turn out, I was thinking that's probably how our home stands will look at the end of the season.  This is gonna be one of those years that will separate real fans from fair weather fans.  After last week's loss I told my son "now you know how all those other teams have felt all these years."  Don't get me wrong, though.  I'm a Pirate fan through and through - it's just that at some point the domination had to end.  It simply can't go on forever.  We'll do OK against 1A teams, but that domination we've had over bigger teams is gone for a while.

Keep in mind that the Knox Cath is up on Coalfield 61 - 0 at halftime.  K.C. beat Hixson 14 - 13 in the 3rd round of the 4a playoffs.