Fairview Vs Camden

Slim88

Dude that was a hideous game. Camden was very mistake prone all of last year. They made some more mistakes last Friday night so we'll see if they can clean it up.

No need to get in a hurry. We'll be fine with you waiting til week 2 to straighten up. :D

In all seriousness, we made several last week too and I'm sure we'll see many more as the season progresses. We are littered with starting sophomores and even a freshman or two.

If Camden is as good as I'm hearing, I'll be satisfied with our chances with the rest of the district teams if we can keep it that close.

Thanks for the safe travel wishes. We have to drive trough Dickson and Waverly to get there so hopefully we'll survive the trip there and back. Godspeed!  :)

Stay on 40 west  exit 126 onto highway 641 north  and its  a straight shot  into Camden. No speed traps "coughs" (New Johnsonville!) no red lights  Faster  speed limits too.

Edited by Beagle
  • Upvote 1

Fairview plays good as the underdog, and in this game Friday I think they are clearly the underdog.  Camden has always had good teams, but also like Cheatham, sometimes get overrated in preseason polls and predictions (Murphy Fair).   Hughes always finds a way to get the most out of his players every game, and he does a great job of repairing mistakes made in the previous week.  Having said that, this game is always a tough call for me as far as predictions go....

Fairview plays good as the underdog, and in this game Friday I think they are clearly the underdog.  Camden has always had good teams, but also like Cheatham, sometimes get overrated in preseason polls and predictions (Murphy Fair).   Hughes always finds a way to get the most out of his players every game, and he does a great job of repairing mistakes made in the previous week.  Having said that, this game is always a tough call for me as far as predictions go....

God I hope you're wrong!! Cheatham was picked to finish second to last in the region by Murphy Fair this year. Any worse than that would put me in a mental institution

Murphy Fair is a political, pandering yuppie. He proved that last year with Lewis County. They weren't even on his radar or "top ten" and when they beat Fairview he acted like he knew how great they were. (And they were)

He picks Alcoa, CPA, CAK, & Milan, then posts a bulletin about how he was right. Every year!

Edited by Swarm

I agree with everything you said and I'll go a little further out on the limb.

Fairview will beat Camden. This game will come down to conditioning like last years.

Murphy Fair is a political, pandering yuppie. He proved that last year with Lewis County. They weren't even on his radar or "top ten" and when they beat Fairview he acted like he knew how great they were. (And they were)

He picks Alcoa, CPA, CAK, & Milan, then posts a bulletin about how he was right. Every year!

You're right. I remember that also.

Fairview plays good as the underdog, and in this game Friday I think they are clearly the underdog. Camden has always had good teams, but also like Cheatham, sometimes get overrated in preseason polls and predictions (Murphy Fair). Hughes always finds a way to get the most out of his players every game, and he does a great job of repairing mistakes made in the previous week. Having said that, this game is always a tough call for me as far as predictions go....

trying to figure out how Fairview is "clearly" the underdog after winning the last two meetings between these teams. Yes we are young. Which is bad news for the rest of the district 2 years from now haha. To me south Gibson still hasn't impressed me. Yeh they went 10-0 one year but they lost to East Hickman in first round of playoffs (our 4th best team in district that year I believe). Could be wrong. Plus I believe if we're getting into the Murphy thing that Fairview and Lewis were the only two teams ranked preseason top 10. Still trying to figure out how we're the under dogs. Once again I may be wrong. But hey I live the under dog role! So I'll take it!. Camden is a team to respect! No doubt about that. Hope it's a great game and injury free!

trying to figure out how Fairview is "clearly" the underdog after winning the last two meetings between these teams. Yes we are young. Which is bad news for the rest of the district 2 years from now haha. To me south Gibson still hasn't impressed me. Yeh they went 10-0 one year but they lost to East Hickman in first round of playoffs (our 4th best team in district that year I believe). Could be wrong. Plus I believe if we're getting into the Murphy thing that Fairview and Lewis were the only two teams ranked preseason top 10. Still trying to figure out how we're the under dogs. Once again I may be wrong. But hey I live the under dog role! So I'll take it!. Camden is a team to respect! No doubt about that. Hope it's a great game and injury free!

I dont think your the under dog at all.I give Camden the 3 points for being at home  thats it....if you guys are real young I cant wait for 2 years from now..Our Sophomores are an outstanding class and will rival our 2010 team 5-6 ball carriers a bunch of size combined with strength. Most importantly they love the game  nd are a bunch of fiery competitors..A few of them are getting  minutes in games now spelling starters

I dont think your the under dog at all.I give Camden the 3 points for being at home thats it....if you guys are real young I cant wait for 2 years from now..Our Sophomores are an outstanding class and will rival our 2010 team 5-6 ball carriers a bunch of size combined with strength. Most importantly they love the game nd are a bunch of fiery competitors..A few of them are getting minutes in games now spelling starters

man I tell you what. Your rbs back in 2004 were awesome. Josh boyd and company. That was legit team! If I'm correct that was the year Alcoa first one with dustin Lindsay and Brandon Warren over defending state champs Huntingdon and Chris donald? Hall had a great team that year. I hope this rivalry sticks with Fairview and Camden because it can only make both of our teams stronger. Both black and gold and both have great tradition. I find humor in the fact that the three dominate teams in this district all rep black and yellow. Fairview Lewis and camden. I will be there tomorrow night and am ready for an amazing injury free 4 quarters! Win or lose I bet it will be a great game. And hard to believe it will top yalls game over south Gibson! That was a great game in the second half! Edited by Slim88