4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The leading scorer for McMinn Central against Alcoa was a sophomore, the second leading scorer was a freshman.

The Chargerettes are never short on talent. There's a level of respect between us and them, especially given that Johnny Morgan also coached our head coach Tonia (Gay) Johnson back in the day. I look for Central to make state at least the next year or two.

Didn't CAK get spanked by Fulton in the jamboree. Maybe Fulton is the team to beat. They were good last year if I recall.

Any team that makes it to the state finals and returns most of its pieces should be a favorite to repeat in the Region.  CAK was without both of their post players in the jamboree but could be playing short handed all year.  Naler should return this week but word is Hooper is out until mid-December and Bryant, who is a very underrated piece of that team, could be out for the year.  Fulton and CAK should still be frontrunners to play in the sub-state again this year. 

Any team that makes it to the state finals and returns most of its pieces should be a favorite to repeat in the Region.  CAK was without both of their post players in the jamboree but could be playing short handed all year.  Naler should return this week but word is Hooper is out until mid-December and Bryant, who is a very underrated piece of that team, could be out for the year.  Fulton and CAK should still be frontrunners to play in the sub-state again this year. 

i wouldnt count out gatlinburg pittman.  they have a very talented team.  we will see in the next two weeks what these teams have because G P plays both cak and fulton soon.

Cak vs GP will not be a good gauge on Tuesday night as CAK will be without Hooper, Naler and Bryant. I fully expect GP to blow CAK out of the Gym this time. The second game later in the year when possibly all three players should be back (after MRI results on Bryant) will be the true test. Not saying they CAK will beat either Fulton or GP later this year but Hooper and Naler are undeniably the X Factor that is missing from the Warriors lineup. With those two back on the floor I am not sure there is a team that will challenge them inside the paint. They will be some good games to watch though.

• 4 weeks later...