Beech visits Henry County

olddevil

So is Shackle Island considered Hendersonville or is it it's own entity?

Shackle Island is a community,like Bethpage I guess, it has it's people who live there- it's volunteer fire department but no formal government separate from County Services like Sheriff or even Mayor.Hendersonville City Limits stop at Good Shepard Methodist Church.For a long time, Beech lacked a lot of support from Hendersonville businesses because it was "far away" from town even though it was built to keep Hendersonville from overcrowding.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we must be about the same age....................remember all this

So, you too have heard the school called Hendersonville Beech?

What do you think the motivation would be to change the name to Beech alone? And furthermore to say -redacted- things 2 years ago about our PA man for using the apparently outdated name Hendersonville Beech? And especially after some dude named Hurd alone layed more rushing yards on us than the 15 prior teams combined?

Edited by FactsOnly

So, you too have heard the school called Hendersonville Beech?

What do you think the motivation would be to change the name to Beech alone? And furthermore to say really ugly things 2 years ago about our PA man for using the apparently outdated name Hendersonville Beech? And especially after some dude named Hurd alone layed more rushing yards on us than the 15 prior teams combined?

If you call pointing out that he used the wrong name in describing Beech High School as "really ugly", then I guess I'm guilty. I think we would've heard the same thing from the HC faithful if our PA guy said "Paris Henry County" all night in '11 and '13.  My suggestion this year would be for him to refer to us as "Just Beech".  That would be classic.

If you call pointing out that he used the wrong name in describing Beech High School as "really ugly", then I guess I'm guilty. I think we would've heard the same thing from the HC faithful if our PA guy said "Paris Henry County" all night in '11 and '13.  My suggestion this year would be for him to refer to us as "Just Beech".  That would be classic.

I will retract the "really ugly" phrase.  Got mixed up about another issue.

That said, I am ready to concede the I am right on this if y'all are.  Let's just disagree to agree and move on to football.

*how did I do OldDevil?

That said, I am ready to concede the I am right on this if y'all are.  Let's just disagree to agree and move on to football.

*how did I do OldDevil?

Agreed.  The flies have been circling this horse's carcass for 2 yrs now.  As far as football goes, I say Pats by 17.

Agreed.  The flies have been circling this horse's carcass for 2 yrs now.  As far as football goes, I say Pats by 17.

Tandem, try to get here early enough to join us in tailgating. This early in the year he menu will probably be pretty simple but tasty. we set up just in front of the field house in the corner of practice field and would love to have you.

GO BIG RED

*how did I do OldDevil?

Clever,crafty, classic.

GO BIG RED