North Jackson Vs Marion County 2015 Spring Game

GeorgeWBush

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our you serious, there is bad blood all over the valley toward Stevenson and Bridgeport. We all use to play those guys and their officials. I got blocked in the back one time on kick off and said something to ref and he said welcome to Allabama. he was right behind me and seen the whole thing. That aside they take their football very serious. I have heard tails of parents coming out on the field and whipping the crap out of their kids if they got on to by coach and had attitude. That come from a coach at one of those schools by the way. Things are much different these days, although it may be more correct to not let things go that far, it does say something about how much our society has changed in the last 30 years. it is an experience that unles you lived it you probably have no idea what I am talking about. one thing about it you better have been ready to battle when you went down there. It is a loss to lose that rivalry in the valley. Jmo.

Those McKinney vs. Don Grider years were epic. Stevenson got busted in 1980 for playing 20+ year olds. SP lost there in triple OT and Grider turned down the forfeit.   As far as Bridgeport goes, that rock at Battery Hill got painted various colors several times a year and them trying to keep it from happening. 

I've never seen Coach Grider get yeller in all my years around the program. I was gone during that time so maybe it happened. Who knows? I wish the valley teams could play NJ though.

A Jasper-NJ game would be fun.  Regardless of which defense is on the field, I'd be pulling an Eraser: "Hit Somebody One More Time!"  In the end I would pull for Jasper. 

Edited by rlh

• 10 months later...

now now GW. If you wanted to say this why not say it in your first post. You baited ole bass and he fell for it. NJ also wanted to charge admission and keep all the money for themselves.

Too many people fall for that NJ hype. I would like to see a regular season matchup each year. We would win some and lose some. Would be huge crowds most of the time I'm sure.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.