Best wrestler to never win a TN state title

maj

hmmmm... I've been holding off, but here it goes... I knew a guy once who went 96-9 in hs eventually getting 3rd as a jr just out of a cast from a Shattered leg inflicted by a 300 lineman in football, and then with a 103 temp his sr yr... (Not to mention a crazy bro who kept him up all night till Thurs AM)...lol -

then most notable,,, He was a 2 time all american (not d1) but losing to bobby lashley and Tito ortiz in route and posting wins over all americans from every division overall he was also 106-24 in college... placing in every collegiate tourney save 1. plus this wrestler placed in 2 nationally recognized tourneys in the same yr...cal and naia...

...name another non state champ to do all of that? Heck not many state champs From Tennessee had done that ...if the question was who was the best 50 or 100 to ever wrestle from tn considering hs and college this one has to be a shoe in, IMHO...

Any guesses?

The same guy looked good mat side a couple years ago coaching his HW to a state championship. That HW told me he gave him the best coaching speech he ever had. When I ask coach what he told him. He smiled as said I saw the look in his eyes and knew what needed th be said so I tool him "take your shirt off and go pin him". Good man and he had a hugh impact on all off us.

• Upvote 1

I think Zack Miller could've possibly it would've been hard especially when you have a stud like Bruno Reagan. He should've at least made the finals he just had a bad semifinals match against a kid he teched earlier in the season. Was winning with a minute left and tried to throw the kid and tripped and the kid scored and beat him by a point. He was very small hwt.

• 1 month later...

I think if Raulston would've stayed at 195 and not dropped to 182 this year he would've had a good chance to win it. Lindsay Aragon should've won it his junior year(pinned the state champion that year in under a minute if I'm correct) Qauntal Langford definitely. Rex Shotts. Keegan Matlock possibly.

Some great names in this one. all have a legit case.

Jason Mccrosky

truly! this kid was amazing and should have gotten himself at least one.

Casey Brewster

casey is disqualified.  He won not only one but two tssaa titles.  he just fell short as a senior

Judging from their regular season performance and how they ended up at the big dance, sure.

Hey let's consider a few of these guys like,,, Cael Sanderson? Dan Gable? Jordan Burroughs ? Perhaps John Smith? How bout Kyle Dake or even Rulon Gardener? I don't think any of them got one...

Dake was a two time NY champion.